Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual queston about annual return

Options
  • 26-03-2013 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A friend asked me this about his company, I haven't worked in accounting for a long time and company secretarial was never my strong point, I thought I'd see if anyone here has seen a similar issue.

Prior to 2011 the company had an ARD of September, and 12 month accounts were submitted as required made up to 31st December the prior year. So accounts to 31st Dec 2009, ARD Sept 2010

The ARD was changed in 2011 and pushed out to 28 Feb 2012, Accounts were then submitted made up to 31 Dec 2010. This submission was accepted by the CRO, from memory though it shouldn't have been as the ARD is more than 9 months past the year end.

Fast forward to this year, my friend sent in his B1 with ARD of 28th Feb and accounts to 31st Dec 2011, which follows on from the prior year. This time though it was rejected as the ARD is more than 9 months past the accounts year end.

Does anyone know how he can regularise this? Again if memory serves you can't submit accounts for more than a 12 month period.

He doesn't want to lose audit exemption because of the cost implications (he's living week to week) and he has two weeks to re submit I don't mind helping him out with the accounts but before I get involved, I want to know if this is a big deal that needs someone with company sec skills? Can accounts for 12 months and then accounts for a shorter period be submitted with the same B1?

Thanks in advance!

D

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Extend the year end so that it is within the nine months of the ARD.

There is no reason for a set of accounts having to be 12 months. It can be extended however technically speaking you must have an AGM once every calender year and a set of accounts cannot predate an agm by more the 9 months.

Hope this helps

dbran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

So do an additional 6 months and submit 18 month accounts to 30 June 2012 bringing the financial year end inside the 9 months to ARD.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement