Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance Lessons for Wedding

Options
  • 26-03-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of dance lessons for the first dance in or around the Wexford/South East area?
    Nothing too complicated; just one or two lessons for the basics so we don't make fools of ourselves.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

congrats to ya both... dance lessons are lifesaver

being the groom with 2 left feet it nest thing o ever done as could actually dance with my mother which shocked her more.

lessons are normally not advertised but any local halls that run ceile/waltzing dance (oul ones normally go on wednesday nights etc..) normally have private lessons avail too for bride/groom to be - think we paid €10 each per night this time 2yrs ago in Midlands area.

All the best in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

If you dont mind me asking, could you PM me the details of where you went in the midlands? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭G2DG

HI,
    Just wondering how you both found these and if you could share the details with me. Have the same problem!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tbeans

Me too!! I'm in Dublin so any suggestions are most welcome !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mcland

Me too!! Am in the Wexford area and finding it hard to get someone to give a few lessons...did you find someone in the end??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

The same here but in Galway, if anyone know of any suitable casual lessions it'd be great and probably appreciated by many.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

We got lessons for a very reasonable price in Newbridge but that is probably no help to either of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

We are also looking for a dance teacher - but one who is happy to teach a novely/ piss take dance (we are both rubbish dancers, so thought we may as well have some fun with it, than try to be something we're not!!). Would a regular dance teacher be happy to teach a novelty dance, and/ or where would you find such a teacher?
    We got lessons for a very reasonable price in Newbridge but that is probably no help to either of you!!
    Kazza2710 who was your Newbridge teacher? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Our instructor was Niall , he is based at "The Well" in moate - Their facebook page has all the contact info as far as i remember

No matter where you're based in Ireland there are local dance/town halls that all have dance teachers that would be more than happy help new couples in jive/waltz etc...

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭G2DG

I found one woman based in Tullamore that was very helpful. She is expensive, €90 an hour but in this hour she would go through everything with us and she suggested recording it and bring it home and use it as our training tape. We are getting married in July having brought the wedding forward due to a family member falling ill. So this is a bit of a last minute thing. She seemed very clued in and knew what I needed

I'm not sure if we will go this route though as I have also found that there are ballroom dance class lessons in a hotel in Mullingar that we can go to on a Monday night for €10.

It took a lot of investigating to find this out. I'd recommend going to venues where it is likely to have this type of classes in them, eg. arts centres, hotels etc. and they might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 tersam35

Hi,

Original OP here; had no luck finding a dance teacher in Wexford after.
    Contacted a few people but it came to nothing unfortunately.
    We've picked up a few basics on a video on youtube; not ideal but hopefully it'll be enough for us not to make a complete fool of ourselves!!

Can't believe how hard it is to track down a dance teacher.
    Anyway good luck in your search!

Advertisement