Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a group present for a work collegue's 30th cheaping out

Options
  • 26-03-2013 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

What I mean is if a group of 10 chip in 20 euro each and buy 1 or 2 big gifts as oposed to each of us buying our own individual gift and spending a little bit more than 20 euro each

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,824 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No its perfectly acceptable tbh.

Its a work colleague not a childhood friend i assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

What I mean is if a group of 10 chip in 20 euro each and buy 1 or 2 big gifts as oposed to each of us buying our own individual gift and spending a little bit more than 20 euro each

No - not at all! In fact I think it's a better idea as most people would prefer something special and a little expensive to 10 smaller things they could buy themselves if they wanted without having to think of the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I was going to give her a 50 euro next voucher in a card,the thing is if i do this im worried the others will feel cheap, we arent close friends we just get on well in work so i might just go with the group idea

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The group gift sounds like the best option, 50 sounds like way too much for a work colleague!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 New dawn

group pressie by far the best option - everyone is money conscious these days, - at the end of the day its the thought that counts and not especially the monetary value of an item.

• Advertisement
Advertisement