Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for a Kilkenny newbie

Options
  • 25-03-2013 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Areas to live in, Loughboy, Clongowan, Ashfield, Pococke,etc plenty around.
    Martial Arts would say Dragons Lair in hebron estate.
    Gyms would be The Watershed, and most hotels have gyms like springhill, hotel kilkenny, ormound hotel..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Adding to martial arts there's top pro, sully has his boxing club that afaik the mma is run out of too. There is akido, judo, JJJ etc all in kk too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Phoenix wrote: »
    So Clongowan is a good spot?

aye, grand if you drive a slight walk otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Brother in law lives in Clongowan, nice enough estate, like a lot of modern estates quite a few apartments/houses built up in a small area. Thin enough walls means he's had a couple of minor sound based disagreements with neighbours. I quite like it round there, and personally I wouldn't mind living there, lot of rental properties there. Aldi/Lidl/Parcel Motel all 5 minutes walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Arawn wrote: »
    aye, grand if you drive a slight walk otherwise

Not even that long of a walk anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Not even that long of a walk anyway!

ah it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mayaya

hi all my family and I have just moved to Kilkenny from France(I'm from Scotland ) and find it quite hard to meet people it seems that most people are already in groups and are not keen on just chatting , as we have a toddler we aren't really the pub kind of people maybe because we don't know where to go :D is there any places that play reggae music ??? and other than the park at the castle is there any fun places to take kids out? if any one wants to meet for a coffee or tea and chat let me know id love to get to know the with someone who knows the town , i m a bit shy so just going up to people is quite hard for me! thanks to you all and maybe see you soon !!!????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

mayaya wrote: »
    hi all my family and I have just moved to Kilkenny from France(I'm from Scotland ) and find it quite hard to meet people it seems that most people are already in groups and are not keen on just chatting , as we have a toddler we aren't really the pub kind of people maybe because we don't know where to go :D is there any places that play reggae music ??? and other than the park at the castle is there any fun places to take kids out? if any one wants to meet for a coffee or tea and chat let me know id love to get to know the with someone who knows the town , i m a bit shy so just going up to people is quite hard for me! thanks to you all and maybe see you soon !!!????

There was a thread about 10 pages (end of last year) back for someone else new to Kilkenny, http://www.meetup.com/The-Kilkenny-Social-Club/ was suggested as a decent starting point. Might be worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mayaya

hi i'll check this out thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If you have a hobby, there's loads of clubs in Kilkenny

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

If you don't have a hobby, there's loads of pubs in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

Advertisement