Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psvita difference?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

i cant really wrap my head around it
    whats the difference

wifi
    or 3g ?

if i get the 3g does that mean no wifi at all?
    which one is better

mod you can delete when its answered , sorry if in wrong place
    looking for a quick reply , buying for my godchild tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i cant really wrap my head around it
    whats the difference

wifi
    or 3g ?

if i get the 3g does that mean no wifi at all?
    which one is better

mod you can delete when its answered , sorry if in wrong place
    looking for a quick reply , buying for my godchild tomorrow

If you get the 3G version it needs a sim card with a mobile network and have a contract to use the 3g network anywhere. You can still connect to your wifi at home if you have wifi at home.

Wifi only version is what it says. Personally I'd say stay away from the 3G/WiFi version and get the WiFi only version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

If you get the 3G version it needs a sim card with a mobile network and have a contract to use the 3g network anywhere. You can still connect to your wifi at home if you have wifi at home.

Wifi only version is what it says. Personally I'd say stay away from the 3G/WiFi version and get the WiFi only version.

thanks mate sounds good, hes only a kid so i dont think he would understand the whole 3g contract part

• Registered Users Posts: 5 decon the recon

The new one may look a little nicer but i have an original and its better

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Wifi one is fine. It will connect to anyone wireless internet set-up you may have at home and can be used to download games and play online. The 3G version can do this too and can also connect to the internet via a mobile phone sim-card set-up. You'll need to have a sim card from one of the main mobile phone providers and a data plan with them. Many consider the 3G version to be pretty pointless as you'll only ever use the 3G in limited situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

those 2 answers would of been helpfull over a year ago :P hahaha

• Advertisement
Advertisement