Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting married how much will my dole be cut?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭

I am planning on getting married next year and am currently receiving 188 euros jobseekers allowance. My gf works pro rata in the local supermarket. Can anyone tell me how much i will receive once married?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Depends on her earnings, if they change weekly, they will take an average of her previous earnings and work out your means.

There are a few examples of means tests on this forum but form our experience, if one person is earning over €480, the other person will get zero, anything less than that and there is a chance of a payment. This is is there are no dependants.

Also, its not that you are married, they do means testing if you are living with your girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Depends on her earnings, if they change weekly, they will take an average of her previous earnings and work out your means.

There are a few examples of means tests on this forum but form our experience, if one person is earning over €480, the other person will get zero, anything less than that and there is a chance of a payment. This is is there are no dependants.

Also, its not that you are married, they do means testing if you are living with your girlfriend.

No kids and her average earnings is around 380 euros a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If that is gross then you would receive approx €140 per week once you are living together.

Can you tell me how you worked that out? Cheers!!!

Edit - it's net pay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Are you living together at the moment? Will you be living together after you get married?

I'd have thought that it wouldn't be allowed to end up with a couple having less combined earnings simply because they got married.

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »
    Are you living together at the moment? Will you be living together after you get married?

I'd have thought that it wouldn't be allowed to end up with a couple having less combined earnings simply because they got married.

Living together after marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Calculation is:

Gross Pay less (PRSI, Pension, Union Subs)

Minus €60 disregard ( €20 per day for a max of 3 days assuming she works at least 3 days)

60% of the above figure is the means and then you take this figure from €312.80 which is the max payment for a couple. This is the amount you will get.

The figure would be less than I gave you above as I was basing the income on being gross.

Advertisement