Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into the big 4

Options
  • 25-03-2013 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I know when a lot of people finish their exams they leave the big 4. has anyone moved into the big 4 after qualifying? Just curious how hard it is to get into the big four outside of being a graduate. I work in funds at the moment but wouldnt mind seeing if its possible to move to the big 4 once i finish my accounting exams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d.m.b1990

Don't think its overly hard once your qualified to get in. The size of the firm you train with probably helps a lot, the bigger they are the easier it is I'd imagine. I know a couple of people who went in after training with very small firms and they said the process was fine, basically no emphasis on results all the focus was on the work experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

d.m.b1990 wrote: »
    Don't think its overly hard once your qualified to get in. The size of the firm you train with probably helps a lot, the bigger they are the easier it is I'd imagine. I know a couple of people who went in after training with very small firms and they said the process was fine, basically no emphasis on results all the focus was on the work experience.

Thanks. Any idea if it is hard moving from funds into the big 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d.m.b1990

If you have around 3/4 years experiences in funds I'd say it would be handy enough cross over into Financial Services Audit. Audit would definitely be your best bet coming from funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

this can be done. But just apply, you really have nothing to lose.

The problem is that your experience is not in audit in funds (I can imagine), so you may be of no use to Big 4. They are not going to put you in the graduate bracket, as you're qualified. You could find something within one of their project teams on the advisory side, but it will be tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Thanks for all the comments. Be good to hear from anyone who actually made the transition or knows someone well who has? Also be good to hear from someone who works in audit of funds in the big 4? What the work is like compared to actually doing the NAV?

• Advertisement
Advertisement