Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Rated Seller - eBay

Options
  • 25-03-2013 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi all

Anyone else on here get this badge? I opened my ebay store back in October and have managed to get one of these badges last week :D. I'm delighted because it looks great, but can anyone share their experience on increase in store traffic or sales?

I know it gives trust in my brand but I would like to see some real life experience of sales increases etc

Cheers
    Bobby

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭maria_81

I've had this badge for about a year. I did notice an improvement quite soon after. Can't say exactly how much - maybe 20% improvement in sales.

Also, it gives you certain advantages, such as being able to do Featured Ads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I believe it's a waste of time. I'd rather pay an extra 20% in fee's and have a few more negs then to give everybody refunds and lick up to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Compton wrote: »
    I believe it's a waste of time. I'd rather pay an extra 20% in fee's and have a few more negs then to give everybody refunds and lick up to them.

Its not even 20% anymore, its 15%! Unless you make £285000 sales in 3 months!

Its not even 20% anymore, its 15%! Unless you make £285000 sales in 3 months!

All the better :D

Compton wrote: »

I find Featured Ads a useful feature, and am pretty sure you can't do them without the badge (though it may have changed).

I agree that licking up to everyone isn't pleasant but actually I don't think I've ever been sycophantic with any buyers and I've managed to get the badge. Any disputes I've had have been sorted out between ourselves. At the same time, it could depend what product you're selling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cosher10

hi,

sorry just to ask what benefits is it for featured ads and is it expensive. i recently got power seller badge to but might try some featured adds see is it worth while.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

I don't think featured first exists anymore.

Featured first used to be a great tool.

You could featured first for a particular category by paying 47£ per week.

It looks like it's not available any more.

I still think Top-rated seller is a good thing to have. It depends on the product though. If you're selling a product which has lots of competition e.g. Justin bieber t-shirt, buyers have lots of choice, so they're naturally going to narrow down just the people with the badge.

If you're selling something very specific, with little competition, it's not as handy.

As said before, don't go out of your way to attain the badge, but if you're within reach of it, go for it

maria_81 wrote: »
    I find Featured Ads a useful feature, and am pretty sure you can't do them without the badge (though it may have changed).

I agree that licking up to everyone isn't pleasant but actually I don't think I've ever been sycophantic with any buyers and I've managed to get the badge. Any disputes I've had have been sorted out between ourselves. At the same time, it could depend what product you're selling

I believe this is true, it also depends on how stupid the end users of the target market are. For example, you'll have less problems if you're selling a rock than something electronic.

Advertisement