Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp 4 GNIB Renewal

Options
  • 25-03-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am nearly one year on a stamp 4 visa which is up for renewal soon. Does anyone know if I need to bring any documents with me other than my GNIB card and passport to get it renewed for another year?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

All depends on the reason you got Stamp 4, contact your local immigration officer and or INIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tazza_OZ

pacmyg wrote: »
    I am nearly one year on a stamp 4 visa which is up for renewal soon. Does anyone know if I need to bring any documents with me other than my GNIB card and passport to get it renewed for another year?

Hi there, How did you get on with your stamp 4 renewal? what was the documentation they wanted you to provide for this in the end?

My reason for asking is I'm about to renewal my stamp 4 which was approved for defacto relationship status last year. The renewal instructions are very vague on both the approval letter and their website so I'm a bit worried I'll get in there with my partner, waste a whole day waiting to be told I need more documentation - something I REALLY want to avoid having to do twice! ;)

I am already awaiting the approval of my citizenship application as I've been in Ireland now for over 6 yrs but as the rules state our GNIB cards must stay valid at all times this means I still need to renew the stamp 4 whilst awaiting the citizenship approval.. the joys of immigration cross overs!

Please if you can share with me what your experience was like renewing and if it happens to be for the same type of stamp 4 that would also be helpful?

Thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pacmyg

Only seeing this post now. Sorry for late reply! I went in immigration offices and queued for the day. I brought my letter from the minister approving my stamp 4, paid €300 & I wasn't any questions or for other documentation
    Tazza_OZ wrote: »
    Hi there, How did you get on with your stamp 4 renewal? what was the documentation they wanted you to provide for this in the end?

My reason for asking is I'm about to renewal my stamp 4 which was approved for defacto relationship status last year. The renewal instructions are very vague on both the approval letter and their website so I'm a bit worried I'll get in there with my partner, waste a whole day waiting to be told I need more documentation - something I REALLY want to avoid having to do twice! ;)

I am already awaiting the approval of my citizenship application as I've been in Ireland now for over 6 yrs but as the rules state our GNIB cards must stay valid at all times this means I still need to renew the stamp 4 whilst awaiting the citizenship approval.. the joys of immigration cross overs!

Please if you can share with me what your experience was like renewing and if it happens to be for the same type of stamp 4 that would also be helpful?

Thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ParDun

Hi

How do we get renewal of Stamp 4 visa.
    Mine is expiring soon.

Advertisement