Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child ticket ?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi , i'm going to Dublin tomorrow from Limerick for the Ireland match. I'm 16 but I have bought a child ticket which is for under 16 but I don't look 16 . Will they ask for id which I don't have? See there is a big difference between paying 22 euro for a child ticket and 50 for an adult ticket.
    Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

So you basically want advice on how to cheat the system? You do know if you can't provide ID proving you are younger than 16 that you can be fined?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

they read this and they will be looking out for you

(perhaps)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

**** off you shower of dry *****

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Munster46 wrote: »
    **** off you shower of dry *****
    No need for abuse.

If you are a teenager and are travelling on a child ticket they are likely to ask for ID to prove entitlement.

A Student Return (college ID or Student Travel Card required) is €21.00 (promotional fare) or a 16-25 Railcard Return (ID required, bring photo to station) is €43.20.

Alternatives are Dublin Coach for €20. http://dublincoach.ie/timetables/M7_bus_limerick_to_dublin_city.php or Bus Éireann route 12 http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=246

Service 12
    13.00 : Adult Single
    24.00 : Adult Rtn
    22.00 : Adult Day Rtn
    11.00 : Child Single
    17.00 : Child Return
    17.00 : Child Day Rtn
    12.00 : Student Single
    21.00 : Student Rtn
    22.00 : Adult MW Rtn
    17.00 : Child MW Rtn
    48.00 : Family Rtn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

If you don't produce ID you will get fined and will have to pay for the correct ticket on top of the fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

This is just a note for the future. Get a student travel card. I organised for my sister to get one now that she is over 15. You just need your school to stamp the form.

You can't apply for the 16-25 railcard anymore, my other sister was looking into it.
    Applications for this card are no longer available, however customers in possession of a valid railcard can still avail of the discounted fare until their card has expired.
    source: irishrail.ie

Advertisement