Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong PPS number and social welfare

Options
  • 25-03-2013 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

If someone had the wrong PPS written on their payslips and used to claim SW on their proper PPS a while back at the same time as working,what would happen if they changed their payslip PPS to the proper one? Would the SW office be alerted and would they check back in time to see where they claiming?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

So - am I right in thinking you deliberately misled your employers as well as Welfare by not giving the correct PPSN? Was this a genuine mistake or an attempt to mislead?

Of course the Welfare would check, but whether the deception was discovered or not I can't say. If it was, then I would imagine that Welfare would make moves to recover any overpayment. They are getting pretty hot on this.

Are you working now, or still claiming? And have you given the correct details now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 annonnymous

So - am I right in thinking you deliberately misled your employers as well as Welfare by not giving the correct PPSN? Was this a genuine mistake or an attempt to mislead?

Of course the Welfare would check, but whether the deception was discovered or not I can't say. If it was, then I would imagine that Welfare would make moves to recover any overpayment. They are getting pretty hot on this.

Are you working now, or still claiming? And have you given the correct details now?
    no it was a mistake...i havent a clue where my employers got this PPS from !

Im still in work now and havent claimed for a number of years .

I always found it odd when i was claiming that i was getting a full payment since i was working at the time but never thought that it was due to my employers having a wrong PPS.

I told my employer to change it but was just wondering if the SW office are gonna go back and make me repay what they overpaid me...even though it was just a miscommunication error because of my employers using the wrong PPS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

if the SW office are gonna go back and make me repay what they overpaid me...even though it was just a miscommunication error because of my employers using the wrong PPS!
    The reason doesn't matter, the fact that you were claiming as well as working is the biggest issue here and I don't think a communication error is going to explain it away. Could end up in court if you're not careful and don't pay it all back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Fess up,pay up,look cheerful.

Closed (as per forum charter re fraud)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement