Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find nice but cheap drawer pulls / knobs to update dressing table?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have just painted an old pine dressing table and chest of drawers an off-white colour and I'm hoping to find nice knobs for them. An off-white, glass, floral design -open to suggestions. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Galway / Athlone areas or on-line that would have a selection?
    Thanks, Jojo

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'd try Etsy (www.etsy.com)

There are some great sellers on there that do very unique items, plus as they are small, postage shouldn't be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JOJO ROSS

Thanks so much -that's really helpful -exactly what I was looking for. Now I have a new problem - so many to choose from!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Have a look on ebay, I picked up handles ( cracked eggshell ) for my dresser and they are way cheaper than trying to get them in a kitchen shop/ DIY supplier
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160557324472?var=460019239870&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1108wt_922.

HTH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

JOJO ROSS wrote: »
    I have just painted an old pine dressing table and chest of drawers an off-white colour and I'm hoping to find nice knobs for them. An off-white, glass, floral design -open to suggestions. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Galway / Athlone areas or on-line that would have a selection?
    Thanks, Jojo

B&Q in Athlone are selling off everything due to them being wound up/closed down.

You "might" pick up a bargain there with regards door and dresser knobs.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Thanks so much -that's really helpful -exactly what I was looking for. Now I have a new problem - so many to choose from!

I know I spend hours looking at fabrics on there to make pieces for my apt - the damn site has me broke!! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for all suggestions...much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Elottois

Hi,

I recently purchased some beautiful handles in Collection by Panfilli in Galway. They have a collection of handles, I chose glass and I think the total was €16 for two.

Zara Home website also has a very good selection of handles and they are very reasonably priced.

Laura Ashley in Galway also have a small selection, but are costly!!

Hi Elottois -thanks for that. Whereabouts in Galway is Collection by Panfilli?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi Elottois -thanks for that. Whereabouts in Galway is Collection by Panfilli?

Google is a wonderfull thing....:pac::D

http://www.collectionbypanfili.com/

Centrepoint, Liosbaun Business Park, Tuam Rd, Galway
    Tel: 091 758868
    E-mail: info@collectionbypanfili.com

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Elottois

Hi,

Collection By Panfilli, is behind AIB in Liosbaun, it's two doors up from Mixed Greens. It's well worth a visit they have some fantastic pieces. Enjoy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 brop

I second Zara home got some fab ones there on holidays in Portugal!
    Dunnes stock them too they are generally very reasonable about €4 for two or €6 for the glass ones, very nice too I bought some flower ones

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mckeowneok

I got a free sample first before I ordered off **a site I can PM** there mostly kitchen knobs but I got lovely led crystal ones that suit my wardrobe

Advertisement