Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 19, 30th March, Mardyke Bar

Options
  • 25-03-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

so we are nearing the end of the month again, and you know what that means.........

last months event was a good start to the year and a farewell to a good friend Misty chaos and his epic Juri fighting.

BTW sorry for the short notice.

The Venue as usual shall be The Mardyke in Shears St.

The starting times are as normal, 13:00 to 18:00
    Fee's are the same 12 euros ( the 2 extra euros are for the equipment funds )

If anyone can bring equipment ( ie, Xboxes, monitors, speakers, etc. ) Then please let us know here.

Here is a map as to the location of the venue in relation to the train station and the bus station;
    fW63J.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

sorry for the late notice on tempest.

as we know misty chaos has moved and also taken his beloved xbox with street fighter.
    so this tempest we are short on a console. any takers want to step up with a handy replacement would be welcomed with open arms.

also all those who are going to bring equipment please make a note on here so that we do not over stock one over the other.

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanalot

Might pop in for a quick pwn.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I miiiiight be able to show up and I miiiiiiight be able to do so with my 360 in tow. If anyone else can do it, then you'd be much more reliable than I, but otherwise I'm your backup plan.

Nevflinn wrote: »
    I miiiiight be able to show up and I miiiiiiight be able to do so with my 360 in tow. If anyone else can do it, then you'd be much more reliable than I, but otherwise I'm your backup plan.

thanks nevflinn. i will keep you as a back up if no one can as a defo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Short notice is a killer. Definitely won't be able to make this. Sorry.

I know we've said last Saturday of the month is usually tournament day, but I REALLY need to be sure and told in advance.

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Short notice is a killer. Definitely won't be able to make this. Sorry.

I know we've said last Saturday of the month is usually tournament day, but I REALLY need to be sure and told in advance.

i know that bud. and for that i am sorry.

but to let you know its more of a guarantee that it will be the last sat of every month, and if not it will more or less be postponed till the next last sat of the following month.

unless a big event takes that day then when do a short change till the event is over just to accommodate fellow tournament players like yourself and the others.

(REMINDER) Sorry about the late post but if i ever get delayed in doing this just to remind you guys that the tournament is held on the last Saturday of every month so make sure you put that in your diarys, unless college, personal or other issues prevent you from coming it will never the less be on the last sat of every month.
    if for any other reason the tournament will not be on then you all will be told promptly :)

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

might just show up out of nowhere

can anyone pm me their phone number in case i get lost in cork so i can call? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

Will we be having a Mahvel Side Tourny?

• Advertisement

Ok Baring any stupid **** coming up like last time. Would you like me to bring along my Ps3 Again? With Mahvel/SF

Valormeer wrote: »
    Ok Baring any stupid **** coming up like last time. Would you like me to bring along my Ps3 Again? With Mahvel/SF

not to sure at the moment mate, we still need to know if any one is bringing screens and extra xbox's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I've an important interview coming up on Tuesday, won't be able to make this. Too much stuff to get done Saturday in preparation that I can't get done any other time because of the Bank Holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

Won't be able to make this Tempest unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Short Notice is right!

Good thing I saw this thread, just did a huge presentation tomorrow, so I'll be hype. I'll give send you on my phone number ladno.

I'll tell steez too, I'm sure he hasn't seen this too.

Yo Any Marvel going on tomorrow?

Valormeer wrote: »
    Yo Any Marvel going on tomorrow?

i doubt it mate sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Just got a text off gouke about this , i know its abit late but maybe you should try postpone it due to lack of notice atm it seems the only definite's are shokashi,gouke possibly valormeer and me and i woke up at 5 o clock today so it will be hard to make it in and thats not enough to cover the cost of the place and were without mistys xbox and mackG's xbox + tv.

Just got a text off gouke about this , i know its abit late but maybe you should try postpone it due to lack of notice atm it seems the only definite's are shokashi,gouke possibly valormeer and me and i woke up at 5 o clock today so it will be hard to make it in and thats not enough to cover the cost of the place and were without mistys xbox and mackG's xbox + tv.

yeah I just got a text from him. but the deposit has already been paid.
    so tempest is down 60 Euros at the moment lol.

well we have a venue so I will be there tomorrow, may as well use it if its been paid ya know

so it would seemed do not have enough people to have a tournament and the venue has been paid for. so if you want some caduals with what seems to be a single set up :-P I will be there with my new epic DUDLY

no payment needed for casuals as this was an error on my part. don't worry about the venue cost as I will find a way to pay it back in.

so if you have a monitor or console of any kind feel free to bring them if you want.

as for the venue, food and drink will be provided

• Advertisement

I'll be there man I'll bring my Ps3 and Tv so we at least have another Set up o/

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Just saw the post.I'll try make it down now.:pac:

GG's today Lads That Food platter got bodied hard. See you next time for some more SCOOPS WITH DA HAWK

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Thanks for the fun this evening, guys. And to Valormeer for the set in Marvel and the Hakan Mirror Match. Stay salty, buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Results?

The Hound wrote: »
    Results?

as it goes the tournament was cancelled but casuals was still a go.
    but a mini random tournament was held just for a laugh.

as my fishy memory says the results are:

shokashi 1st

vizard 2nd

nevflinn 3rd

valormeer 4th

there was some good fights with a random mirror match with 2 hakans and 2 dans.

I also like to point out we are all winners cause of the amount of food that was intended for 12ish people was given to 4. drinks included.

Shokashi wrote: »
    I also like to point out we are all winners cause of the amount of food that was intended for 12ish people was given to 4. drinks included.

Those platters got bodied

Advertisement