Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite spot in Mary I

Options
  • 24-03-2013 11:06pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've seen photos of the sparkly new quad on Facebook, and it got me thinking... where do people like to spend spare moments in Mary I?

I'm out of the college with a few months at this stage, but I really enjoyed time spent in the music practice rooms while there. It was great to hear others playing, usually musicians who were much better than me. It provided motivation at least!

Where's your favourite spot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

The free car park :D:cool:

And I like the Mac lab in the res block. If you're on your own in there it's great to get work done.

For hanging out with friends I don't have a favourite spot. The lounge is lacking in seats, the couches by the SU desk are always full and the steps give ya a numb bum after 10 mins. I don't hate any of those spots though, and hopefully we'll get a flash of sun and can use the new fancy quad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

Canteen was always a busy spot. Right inside the windows facing the front gate is always lovely and sunny. One of the advantages of the "small" college - there's always someone there you know for a gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

For pure peace and quiet, I love the corridors close to the chapel. If you want to escape the more formal atmosphere inside the library, I find that the little raised area with the steps in the library foyer is good for chipping through work with a laptop and a bit of company. Space is an issue though.

Even though it was freezing today, the quad area looks great when it's bright out as you're walking through it. Definitely my new favourite shortcut! My old one was the mini stairs near the Hogwarts toilets in the old building...bizarre, I know! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

If you want to escape the more formal atmosphere inside the library, I find that the little raised area with the steps in the library foyer is good for chipping through work with a laptop and a bit of company. Space is an issue though.

Love that place!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The steps on Tailteann are a great place to hang out on a sunny day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Progshark

That raised area in the library foyer is a great spot! You can get work done at your own pace and you're not prohibited from having a chat if someone passes by. There's a lot to be said for the pool table too

Advertisement