Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power craft band saw.

Options
  • 24-03-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

I splashed out on a lidl power craft bandsaw a while back, we are not getting on too well together :-) I snapped a blade trying to set it up, and no matter what I do I can't get it to cut straight. Are they as fiddley as them seem to set up ? The blade keeps twisting and turning. Is it possible to get fine blades for these and use it almost as a scroll saw ? Also where is the best/cheapest place to get blades for bandsaws etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

No one to help ? Is it an actual bench top bandsaw or a hand held tool. ? Twisting of the blades sounds like they are not supported by the guides. A photo would help. A lotta people post on here about buying tools in Lidl but I'd urge people to think twice - there is a reason they are cheap.(A German sounding label means nothing - they are mostly made in the 'pacific rim' and have built in obsolescence.)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

recipio wrote: »
    No one to help ? Is it an actual bench top bandsaw or a hand held tool. ? Twisting of the blades sounds like they are not supported by the guides. A photo would help. A lotta people post on here about buying tools in Lidl but I'd urge people to think twice - there is a reason they are cheap.(A German sounding label means nothing - they are mostly made in the 'pacific rim' and have built in obsolescence.)
    Thanks I got it figured out there was a knob near the guides that I had not tightened. I am in total agreement about lidl will be avoiding

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Off topic but.... I wonder when either lidl or aldi will bring out a bench top thicknesser <3 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Big Davey wrote: »
    Thanks I got it figured out there was a knob near the guides that I had not tightened. I am in total agreement about lidl will be avoiding

:D Glad to hear you got it sorted.Bandsaws are finicky machines and need fine tuning now and again. You will probably have to mail order for blades. Try www.axminster.co.uk to see if they have the correct size.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

recipio wrote: »
    :D Glad to hear you got it sorted.Bandsaws are finicky machines and need fine tuning now and again. You will probably have to mail order for blades. Try www.axminster.co.uk to see if they have the correct size.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement