Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autodesk Inventor 2013 project help

Options
  • 24-03-2013 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently in the middle of an end of year project in Autodesk Inventor 2013.

50% is a rotary to linear motion device, that's not a problem. The other 50% involves designing your own piece of machinery or equipment.

I'm making a wood shredd/chipper, industrial style design, with a sheet metal feed tray into two infeed rollers which feed matter into the single cutting roller and output to a tube using a pneumatic system.

At the moment I'm not having any problems other than the design of the rollers.

The system of rollers I am using looks like a 2 high mill followed by the single cutting roller. I'm trying to figure out whether I'm better off using:
    • two cylinders for the infeed rollers and one cylinder for the cutter
    • two splined cylinders and one splined cylinder
    • two shafts with a line of gears on them and the same for the cutter

Here's an example of what I'm making:

h02myik49

Advertisement