Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Next Big Cert To Have

Options
  • 24-03-2013 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey All
    What is the next big thing in computers that every employer will look for i was thinking Cloud computing ????

but there must be something else??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

.net framework if your into programming. There's actually not that many jobs in the cloud as its not too difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Hey All
    What is the next big thing in computers that every employer will look for i was thinking Cloud computing ????

In the area of Service Management, I would say ITIL is well regarded and in demand,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

joetoad wrote: »
    .net framework if your into programming. There's actually not that many jobs in the cloud as its not too difficult

Can you elaborate on that please, I'm not clear on either point -
    A) .net framework - admittedly, I don't know much about it but is it the next "big thing" or is it just in demand right now by "enterprise" customers. :)
    B) Not too many joins in the cloud as its too difficult - completely off the mark here, there are mountains of jobs, which ones are you referring to as not too difficult?

Hey All

You don't need a cert.
    Hot areas now - cloud & DC technologies IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

iRock wrote: »
    Hot areas now - cloud & DC technologies IMO.
    Most definitely. VMware/MS Hyper-V/Cisco/Juniper.... quite a small bit of material to cover :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

not certs but powershell,powercli scripting skills will be in huge demand.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    not certs but powershell,powercli scripting skills will be in huge demand.

I'm interested to know, where?
    I don't know anywhere that looks for these skills.

Anywhere that has Server 2008+, exchange 2007+, Hyper V would be interested in powershell skills, also a large amount of vmware is moving to Cli so scripting in general will become more prevalent, especially in bigger virtual environments where you need to build out data centers quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Virtualisation and storage certifications are always going to be in demand. Nowadays its good to have network certifications to along with them also but that is a lot to get.

just throwing this out there but has anyone tried speed reading, it would be a very useful skill with all the material needed to be successful in IT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

no but would def be useful.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    just throwing this out there but has anyone tried speed reading, it would be a very useful skill with all the material needed to be successful in IT.

Useful but understanding stuff in detail is more beneficial if you want to become and expert.
    With some technologies - you really need to understand them rather than just consume information.

with speed reading, you would get through a lot more material in a shorter time, you'd still reread parts so your still learning, some books are huge e.g. The ms book for 70-640 is 1k pages,

Advertisement