Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek The Game (2013)

Options
  • 24-03-2013 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

News to me! There's a Star Trek game out 26th of April. Guardian had a quick, positive sounding, preview: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/mar/08/star-trek-the-game-preview
    Guardian wrote:
    Star Trek fans will love this rare – and, for the first time credible – chance to immerse themselves in a game which properly evokes the Star Trek universe

It's set in the new movie Trek universe after the events of Into Darkness, although apparently an original and stand-alone story – which is almost certainly for the best.

Sounds like it might be pretty decent fun. Looking forward to that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

10 minute preview and interview from EuroGamer:

They mention it's set after the 2009 movie actually, so maybe before Into Darkness. Makes more sense.

The reviewer wasn't very impressed with the gameplay at all at all (Guardian kinda mentioned that too) but still... might be fun anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nice one, had't heard about that.
    Coincidentally i picked up Star Trek Conquest for Wii for a tenner in Harvey Norman today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

It's a game. Everyone here's playing it. It's fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Saw it on Steam preorder yesterday, & I did read a review a while ago but as it was a Beta version, not best off reviews, Still looks great, if there's DLCs latter should be well worth investing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's set after the events of the 2009 movie but before STID. It's also canon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement