Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic cigarette presence in Galway city?

Options
  • 24-03-2013 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

Electronic cigarettes are something of a passion of ours, it has been a hobby for over a year and we feel that Ireland doesn’t have a wide enough choice, when it comes to buying in house and there is a distinct lack of brick and mortar stores in the country.

We are thinking of setting up a brick and mortar store in Galway city, are there many people in Galway who use electronic cigarettes and do you think Galway would benefit from this kind of establishment?

We're looking to set up a place where you can get a good selection of starter kits, tube mods and quality eliquid (made in house), everything you'd need sourced from reputable suppliers together with a place where you can hang out and vape.

So do you think there is much of a market in Galway for this? Any comments/criticism and suggestions would appreciated!

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Why don't you just smoke real ones ?

And WTF is a 'vape' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I wouldn't say there's a great market tbh. A lot of smokers of tobacco still in Galway. Maybe in a few years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is not enough market for a dedicated shop in Galway, maybe Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Lapin wrote: »

And WTF is a 'vape' ?

Translation
    Why don't you want cancer?

I can't Google a word!

OP, unless you're already unemployed and/or can get the premises for next to nothing it could be too big of a risk - you'd essentially have to create your own market or depend on people who don't like shopping online. Although as vaping gets bigger I'd expect it to become a majority that'd prefer buying in B'n'M shops.
    If you're a part of the Irish Vaping group on FB maybe suss out the interest there, as that's your market (and there's no Lapins there).

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

And WTF is a 'vape' ?

Seriously?

Asking that in the Vaping and E-Smoking forum?

Also I love the logic of your first question pal, classy, real classy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Of course you could start out with market stall selling Vaping products at the various markets on the go.

It's a cheaper way to test reaction & build up a customer base.

If it goes well enough, you could then look into renting a shop unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Of course you could start out with market stall selling Vaping products at the various markets on the go.

Something i'm looking into at the moment,keep your eyes peeled everybody and buy from me otherwise you'll all get kneecapped :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

And WTF is a 'vape' ?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you really don't know the answers to these questions (and not assume you're an ignorant person with no ability to see reason of change your way of thinking) and I'll answer your questions genuinely.

Q: Why don't you just smoke real ones ?

A: e-cigarettes don't give you or those around you cancer, is the biggest reason. There are other benefits too, like they're cheaper, you can use them indoors in many pubs and venues, they're safer because nothings burning you're not going to burn a hole in the couch or accidently burn the house down, you won't smelly like a dirty hookers ashtray, the list goes on.

Q: And WTF is a 'vape' ?

A: Vape is short for Vapour. e-cigarettes work by heating a liquid containing nicotine which atomisers the liquid into vapour. You inhale and exhale this vapour. So we call it vape for short. Smoking works by burning and combustion of dry materials and produces carconagenic smoke which gives you a 50/50 chance of dying of some smoking related illness and is proven to be even more harmful to those around you.

Hope that genuinely helps and I wasn't being sucked in answering rhetorical questions.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Something i'm looking into at the moment,keep your eyes peeled everybody and buy from me otherwise you'll all get kneecapped :pac:

Unless you come from the North I'm not scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Without sounding like a dick......A new stall opened in the shopping centre the other day(is that you?) selling starter kits, also its not quite a b+m shop but people can call to TBS and buy in person if they want. Also there is a b+m shop in Tuam. Think galway might be kinda spoilt for choice atm.
    Remember we live on a small island where delivery takes 1 day normally, if I can get something cheaper from say dublin, I will.
    Oh just remembered, theres a b+m store in westside, never been though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Folks just to note in case it isn't obvious. The OP posted this in the Galway forum, not this specific forum, and it was moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭craiclad

I'm not sure about how much market there is in Galway, but I'm surprised a proper B&M hasen't opened up in dublin yet!

craiclad wrote: »
    I'm not sure about how much market there is in Galway, but I'm surprised a proper B&M hasen't opened up in dublin yet!

There's one in Dublin on gardiners st and one in bray

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Wheres the one in bray and do they have much stock on display,was in ovale and its practically only a small room and a small display case of goods..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.eastcoastvaping.ie/

they're resellers for totallywicked

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

http://www.eastcoastvaping.ie/

they're resellers for totallywicked

Cheers will have a gander now..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 brianbaru

Your a brave man, but I guess if you are going to commit to an electronic cigarette store, now is the time for getting bargains. I guess a decent market survey will answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

Hi all, have seen various kinds of e-cigs but don't know what I need to start off. Have already spent a fortune on patches, gum, tablets, hypnosis and the fags of course, so are there trial kits or do you have to spend a fortune? I smoke about 30/40 b&h a day, so can anyone advise on which product might suit? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

You can buy e-cigs in petrol stations for about 7€. They not great but will give you an idea. There are more expesive cig-a-like options (€20) available too that can be recharged and new nicotine cartridges bought. My mrs bought them. Not bad in fairness. Will find out brand name and shop tomorrow if u interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭craiclad

katiem111 wrote: »
    Hi all, have seen various kinds of e-cigs but don't know what I need to start off. Have already spent a fortune on patches, gum, tablets, hypnosis and the fags of course, so are there trial kits or do you have to spend a fortune? I smoke about 30/40 b&h a day, so can anyone advise on which product might suit? Thanks in advance.

If you're really up for giving e-cigs a try I would highly recommend getting the kanger-twist starter kit from e-smokeireland.eu . It comes with enough to get you started and will probably last you around a year (not including extra liquid and replacement coils) if you decide to stick with it. I'm not a rep for the company or anything, but this is the kit I recommend to all my friends and family. Hope you find something that works for you!

Edit: Here's a direct link to the kit I was talking about http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm It seems as if they're out of stock at the moment, but if you shoot them a quick email I'm sure they can let you know when they'll have them back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

If your based in galway check out 'the best shop '. He is based in oranmore and you can call to his house and he can show you the products and how they work. Sorry, cant do links on my phone but you can get his mobile no. on his site-the best shop.eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

thank you all for the replies, will check out what you suggested. fingers crossed....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

There is a new shop in Galway on buttermilk walk, they are open two weeks. Limited enough stock at the moment, but I picked up two clearomisers and will be back in to buy some juice next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No name?

grindle wrote: »
    No name?

Nope! The fish spa sign is still over the shop. They have posters in the windows that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bren_

Nope! The fish spa sign is still over the shop. They have posters in the windows that is all.

Called into them yesterday They are called healthiersmoker. They have a website www.healthiersmoker.ie. They have limited stock ego batteries and ce4 and t3 type clearomisers. They have a nice selection of juice which u can sample and its not bad. Ended up.buying two bottles a fiver for a 12ml bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I know this thread is a few months old but I was just wondering is there any other bricks and mortar shops in Galway city? I was in the one mentioned above yesterday and was really unimpressed. Would love to go to one where their products are actually on display and has a decent selection.

There's one in woodquay beside the polish shop that has a better selection, but to be honest no where near as good as the online shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

There's one in woodquay beside the polish shop that has a better selection, but to be honest no where near as good as the online shops.

Thanks I will check it out next time I am in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 thierrym

The shop in Buttermilk lane is closed. It was called "healthier smokers". I went there yesterday to have a look and maybe purchase an e-cig, However there is a sign in the window that states that they are now in the Tesco shopping centre. I guess it's the little stall I saw there a few weeks ago.

Advertisement