Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berezovsky found dead

Options
  • 24-03-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭

Guardian

Suicide or more sinister?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

He shot himself in the back of the head.

Im sure the Kremlin are relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Criticise Putin?

Live in Britain?

Have you got your affairs in order? I'll just leave this coffin brochure here...

He had his life savings in a bank in Cyprus and his UK bank account was almost empty (according to the news), he was found dead in the bath!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

He had his life savings in a bank in Cyprus and his UK bank account was almost empty (according to the news), he was found dead in the bath!

Common method of committing suicide is slitting your wrists in the bath.

(I've actually no idea how common it is but I've heard it a few times so imagine it's more common than the methods I've never heard of.)

The have cordened off a pretty large area around his house and local residents have not been allowed to return to their homes (as at 10pm news).

Bit much for a suicide.

• Advertisement

Double post

The have cordened off a pretty large area around his house and local residents have not been allowed to return to their homes (as at 10pm news).

Bit much for a suicide.

Death of a high profile person usually involves high profile policing, but then again in any suspicious death the police tend to cordon off an area several times the size of the "crime scene".

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭EireGreg

surely people cant fall for the suicide story really??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

He shot himself in the back of the head four times.

Im sure the Kremlin are relieved.
    FYP. Also, there has been a spate of "deaths" in the UK and Russia lately that are related to massive frauds, embezzelment and dodgy dealings. The Uk police are doing toxicology reports on some Russian financier who "had a heart attack" while out jogging in a posh London suburb. If it turns out he was "hit" there will be a lot of political fallout. Sure Russia's as dodgy as a three Euro note, business rivals and whistleblowers tend to "die" and a lot of Police, Tax Inspectors and officials are up to their neck in it. This latest "death" will add fuel to that fire, but there's billions at play, that usually motivates people to go to a lot of rounds to cover their tracks well. Apparently, chechen hit squads have been recorded as flying in and out of Britain around 60 times already this year. I wonder how many other "deaths" have occurred and been overlooked?

Which makes me think it wasn't suicide. Local residents would at least be allowed back into their homes and these residents are affluent themselves. Big money lives in that part of Ascot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

He only lost 3 billion in a court case against Roman Abramovich a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Id say all those Russian billionaires are as shady as fcuk anyway.Abramovich's past is fairly murky.Its a wonder the Russian people are accepting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Difficult to bring leverage against a billionaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Id say all those Russian billionaires are as shady as fcuk anyway.Abramovich's past is fairly murky.Its a wonder the Russian people are accepting it.
    Err, billionaire with ten bodyguards dead. Ordinary person with no bodyguards....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The reason why russias keep bank their savings in Cyprus is that if you fall out with Putin you get the **** out of Russia.

Even if his savings were in cyprus he would have only lost 20% max. Like you have question how happy the Russian expats are. Although they live mega mansion and have large yachts. They come from nothing to having everything but also the constant risk of kid knapping and aren't really welcomed in the uk and usa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

His death is '' unexplained ''

Probably Sudden Adult Death Syndrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Of course it's not a sucicide. The police are calling it suspicious.

EDIT: actually unexplained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

6 knife wounds in the back, the russians are saying its the worst case of suicide in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Seachmall wrote: »

Common method of committing suicide is slitting your wrists in the bath.

(I've actually no idea how common it is but I've heard it a few times so imagine it's more common than the methods I've never heard of.)

That method is more common among women. As is an overdose. Men tend to go for hanging, gunshot etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Someone has to mention special tea and polonium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Since Perestroika and Glasnost 'Bratva' (Russian Mafia) have grown at an alarming rate. Anyone involved at the top end of high commerce in Russia will know their influence. Considering his history I wouldn't rule out mob involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seems he may have died of a heart attack.

Can plutonium cause heart attacks? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Experts in chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) emergencies have been deployed to the British property where Russian exile Boris Berezovsky was found dead, police said Sunday

Sounds like more than afternoon tea :

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/chemical-radiation-experts-join-berezovsky-probe-010759590.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

the_syco wrote: »
    Seems he may have died of a heart attack.

Can plutonium cause heart attacks? :pac:

No, and it was polonium that was used a few years ago to poison Alexander Litvinenko.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mr j tayto

Prime minister of lebanon resigned today as well.
    Israel apology to Turkey, Obama in israel,
    Cypriot haircuts to be applied.
    Lots of strange stuff happening right now.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Mikhail Prokhorov is the only Russian oligarch i like.
    'Cause he bought an American basketball team and recorded a video addressing the fans in a manner resembling a Bond villain.
    He also ran against Putin in the last elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

What was that fella's name, Litvinenko?

And who was the guy poked with an umbrella on Westminster Bridge?

The Russian embassy is near my house. I've been to London a few times.

>.>
    <.<

EDIT: Hold the phone, he was mates with the poisoned ex-KGB agent. *Trotts over to Conspiracy Theories.*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

donvito99 wrote: »
    What was that fella's name, Litvinenko?

And who was the guy poked with an umbrella on Westminster Bridge?

The Russian embassy is near my house. I've been to London a few times.

>.>
    <.<

EDIT: Hold the phone, he was mates with the poisoned ex-KGB agent. *Trotts over to Conspiracy Theories.*
    Russian media implicated berezovsky in his death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

There is just a good a chance that Litvinenko was knocked off by MI6.

Most people just believe the headlines in the weeks after a death. He was on the payroll of MI6 for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

There is just a good a chance that Litvinenko was knocked off by MI6.

Most people just believe the headlines in the weeks after a death. He was on the payroll of MI6 for years.

There is a much better chance it was the Russians.

Advertisement