Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inactive Personal Current Account

Options
  • 24-03-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have a current account that I have not used for at least three years. There is only a small amount of money in this account (husband and I also have a joint current account which is active).  I recently noticed my card expiry date has passed and I have not received a new one.  Would the bank have closed my account due in-activity, or can I re-activate the account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Barnet,

Thanks for getting in touch.

An inactive account, with a credit balance, would only be closed if there has been no customer generated transactions for fifteen years. If your account has been inactive for three years it should be still open on our system. This can be confirmed by calling the branch you opened the account with. The branch would then need up to date photo id and proof of address to re-activate the account and this can be handed into your local branch.

Hope this helps but if you do have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement