Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM or TCD

Options
  • 24-03-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Which college offers a better social life? Just out of curiosity and I think both colleges are equally as good to go to.:)
    I'm thinking of doing something in science in college as well. Are there lots of societies in both? I'm kind of nervous about college I have to admit, even though I'm only in 5th Year :P But it's no harm learning all this so soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'm not in college yet but from talking to people who've gone to both NUIM seems like the best place for social life but in the end it really depends on what kind of personality you have. NUIM is obviously a lot smaller than Trinity and in general, I know people who seemed to have settled into NUIM pretty easily, compared to some people who've gone to Trinity and found it to be very "clique-y." That being said I know a few people who go to Trinity and are having the time of their lives so it's much of a muchness in the end.

I've no idea about the societies in each college but I'm guessing TCD would have considerably more seeing as it's a lot bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johanna86

NUIM seems like the best place for social life and NUIM is obviously a lot smaller than Trinity and in general, I know people who seemed to have settled into NUIM pretty easily, compared to some people who've gone to Trinity and found it to be very "clique-y."

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

kingcobra wrote: »
    I'm not in college yet but from talking to people who've gone to both NUIM seems like the best place for social life but in the end it really depends on what kind of personality you have. NUIM is obviously a lot smaller than Trinity and in general, I know people who seemed to have settled into NUIM pretty easily, compared to some people who've gone to Trinity and found it to be very "clique-y." That being said I know a few people who go to Trinity and are having the time of their lives so it's much of a muchness in the end.

I've no idea about the societies in each college but I'm guessing TCD would have considerably more seeing as it's a lot bigger
    johanna86 wrote: »
    NUIM seems like the best place for social life and NUIM is obviously a lot smaller than Trinity and in general, I know people who seemed to have settled into NUIM pretty easily, compared to some people who've gone to Trinity and found it to be very "clique-y."

OP I think we've found your answer here.

And johanna86 I'm suing you for plagiarism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Daire2013

Thanks all for the replies! My sister goes to Maynooth and she has a great social life there which is something I would really love but it doesn't do my course. The course I want to do in Trinity only has 10 places in it so I suppose it would be nice like a close-knit group, but I'll try get into societies anyway so I'm not tied down to certain cliques :P

Advertisement