Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITS VAPING ME MAD!!

Options
  • 23-03-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Firstly hello to all of you :) .Unfortunately I have felt compelled to discuss what seems to me the serious lack of quality when it comes to vaping paraphernalia and especially in my case,clearomizers and cartomizers.
    I have had nothing but hassle with the CE4 V3,the Kanger T3 and the Vivi Nova V3.I recently purchased my "Ego Vision V3 Twist Starter Kit" and initially had no problems.I was actually enjoying all the research involved and finding out about voltage,wattage,ohms,dripping,tanks,clearo's etc...the list goes on as I'm sure you are all well aware!

So to get into it.Its the usual problems with the Kanger flooding,burnt taste from the Vivi and then what I thought was my reliable CE4,tasting like a ****ing cinder!:mad:
    I'm currently using both a 650 and a 1100mah eGo-C Twist battery and have tried each clearo with different heads,varying voltage,multiple liquids incl different pg/vg mixes and all the usual lark regarding repositioning the centre post,removing wicks etc.

I have bought from different well known vendors and am wondering is this the quality we have to put up with?I know through reading forums etc that this is widespread and I'm sick to the teeth forking out good money for absolute garbage! Surely the vendors are aware of the quality of the products they sell...?
    The last thing I would want to do is name and shame as I've found dealing with these guys a positive experience and they do seem genuine even if some of their products are not,but would it not have more of a positive effect for us,the consumer?

I do apologise for the rant but its just been so frustrating for a vaping newbie like me who had high hopes coming into this.
    Btw I've tried what were supposedly 510 s/r Boge carto's and that again was a bad experience with flavour,burnt taste etc.

I was wondering would it make any difference if I invested in something like a Vamo or Vmax? Do these clearomizers work better on better than ego devices?
    I dunno,I guess I'm a bit lost and would appreciate any feedback :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Yeah they are not perfect, this is a growing market and new devices are coming out all the time. Pretty much all devices have ups and downs.
    They are getting better
    The Vamo and Vmax are just power sources not clearomizers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

To be honest, I've posted about this here before. Cartomisers are a better option for people starting out. I'm vaping for a long time and have tried numerous clearomisers and every last one was junk for me - but they do seem to work for many.

With a cartomiser, you just fill the wadding with about 40 drops of juice, pop onto the battery and vape. No burnt hits, no dry hits, very consistent and no leaks. Good flavour and vapour. You add a few drops to the wadding now and again or buy a tank and fill once a day.

I think people should buy a cartomiser or two as well as a clearo when starting. That way they can try both. Cartos only cost about 1.50 each and will last for a week or so.

You also have to remember A lot of this stuff is mass produced in China so isnt down to the Vendors. The Vendors get frustrated with it themselves both as Vendors and Users.You could look at Rebuildables

Wonder wouldn't be an idea to come up with a starter kit that provides a clearo and a carto?

Like Green Hornet has said Cartomisers are a good Choice I know a lot of people prefer them and only get a burnt taste when they are dying or have gone dry. But you also get Dud Cartomisers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

A vamo with an agr tank would be a good choice in my humble opinion. No more dry hits with a tank!

Yeah, I started off with an eGo-C but moved to cartos then. Like night and day even with the bit of muted flavour. Always very consistent and an occasional dud but they're cheap as chips. A year on and have spent a ton on various things but still have a carto and tank on hand for driving etc...

My only real issue with them is that they don't quite hit as well in terms of nic but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Thanks for the responses lads,appreciate it.As I said I've found dealing with the vendors really positive which is a massive help.I know what you're saying Vaperus regarding vendors being as frustrated as their customers,I can understand that.
    There doesn't seem to be a set standard from what I've experienced.If I buy 5 CE4's the probability of all of them working to a decent standard is pretty damn low and on top of that it changes from vendor to vendor.
    So is it as simple as its a young, ever changing industry therefor don't expect much? or is it a sourcing issue?

Gonna heed the advice given here and try the cartomizers as I've had limited experience with them(which wasnt great)
    but ye gotta keep tryin! :)
    What would you guys recommend?Boges?

Boges are good, just make sure you fill them right. If the wick hasnt had chance to get wet, you could get a burnt wick and a burnt taste you cant get rid of. Some even put 1 drop down the centre

Boge low resistance for small batteries, standard resistance for bigger devices, vamo, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Boge low resistance for small batteries, standard resistance for bigger devices, vamo, etc.

Have to agree 100% with Chrome and Hornet on everything they said above.

Vamo in mini mode with AGR carto tank is great.

Udt-l with AGR and low resistance carto would be good too.

Evic is also good. Recently I bought a vapeonly bcc and haven't had any issues. Also ive had good experience with vivi novas with long wick heads' keep tipping them to soak the wicks and they're grand. No problems with vivi novas at all plus you can easily rebuild the head yourself in two minutes.

I've been thinking and the cheapest option for you would be get a Petra Tank by Kir Fanis from Bargain Vapour. Its eGo size so you can use it with your Twist.

That and half a dozen cartos , a carto punch and some juice and you're flying.

Expect to ruin the first one or two cartos by punching holes that are too big. Ask us for punching tips if you decide to go down that route.

Just reading your post again .if you're getting burnt taste from a carto its because its gone pure dry or most likely you didn't fill it properly in the first place. First time filling use the condom method and wait 15 minutes so the juice has time to soak right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm experiencing similar. Very frustrating. Most of the clearo's I got are now giving that horrible burnt taste, especially the short wick versions. I can't see any sense in them having short wick!? Even swirling it, turning it upsidedown, making sure the wicks are coated fully - I get a lot of dry/burny hits. You can get it with carts too, but not as often. Only thing to do is keep them full up at all times and let them soak a little before using. Hope for the best after that.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I've been thinking and the cheapest option for you would be get a Petra Tank by Kir Fanis from Bargain Vapour. Its eGo size so you can use it with your Twist.

That and half a dozen cartos , a carto punch and some juice and you're flying.

Expect to ruin the first one or two cartos by punching holes that are too big. Ask us for punching tips if you decide to go down that route.

Yeah this is something I will consider.I have some 510 Boges to keep me going for the time being,which btw,provide a pretty nice vape but I can't seem to get much of a throat hit even with 24mg 80/20 pg/vg mixes but at least I'm not getting that piss poor burnt taste! :)
    I'm beginning to think that clearomizers are more sensitive to juices than cartomizers.
    Carts seem to be able to handle most juices,even if some will gunk it up quicker,whereas in my experience (which is limited) clearomizers become more sensitive to a juice with a higher vg ratio.
    Although maybe that's just been my experience and coincidence has played it's part.
    Definitely want to try a carto tank at some stage so cheers for the advice and thanks to everyone for their insight!

Yeah this is something I will consider.I have some 510 Boges to keep me going for the time being,which btw,provide a pretty nice vape but I can't seem to get much of a throat hit even with 24mg 80/20 pg/vg mixes but at least I'm not getting that piss poor burnt taste! :)
    I'm beginning to think that clearomizers are more sensitive to juices than cartomizers.
    Carts seem to be able to handle most juices,even if some will gunk it up quicker,whereas in my experience (which is limited) clearomizers become more sensitive to a juice with a higher vg ratio.
    Although maybe that's just been my experience and coincidence has played it's part.
    Definitely want to try a carto tank at some stage so cheers for the advice and thanks to everyone for their insight!
    Tbh with 24mg 80/20 pg/vg you should be getting at 4.7v on a twist a decent throat hit. What ohm cartos are you using? If you can lIve with the size of a vamo and agr(its feckin huge),remember a twist starts of at 4.7v but drops with time to 3.3v. A vamo or most other vv or vw goes up to 6v or 15 watts. A carto LR or SR in a large vv device should do the trick! And a tank is kind of a must if you dont want dry hits. Imho the agr is the best option out there atm if you dont mind punching or cutting your carts.
    Never really liked clearos myself, so Im a bit of a carto fan.

I thought the Twists stayed at the set voltage until pretty much depleted?

I thought the Twists stayed at the set voltage until pretty much depleted?
    **** maybe they do, Im still half asleep!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm experiencing similar. Very frustrating. Most of the clearo's I got are now giving that horrible burnt taste, especially the short wick versions. I can't see any sense in them having short wick!? Even swirling it, turning it upsidedown, making sure the wicks are coated fully - I get a lot of dry/burny hits. You can get it with carts too, but not as often. Only thing to do is keep them full up at all times and let them soak a little before using. Hope for the best after that.

Make sure the rubber gromet thing above the wicks isn't pressed down too hard/far and pressing the wicks.

On another note,i'm just after switching to tanks and boges.Although you can't beat atomizers,cartos are much more stress free and feel...cleaner :confused:.With a carto i find the juice is constantly being used properly without gunking up and also no more black liquid.No more clearo's for me.

Using and ss vamo with an agr at the moment,working and looking very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    A vamo with an agr tank would be a good choice in my humble opinion. No more dry hits with a tank!

Will second that,no skinny kits for me anymore since i got this set-up and not a bad price considering the amount of time and pleasure ive had so far.You get it all because of being able to vary the voltage for differant ohm carto,s atto,s flavour of liquid etc and the major cloud of vapour fog that fills the room .....then i,m in heaven :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm seriously tempted by this set-up.Might hold back for another while as I've spent a small fortune already!
    Even bought the V2 cigs kit starting out which cost me 170e :eek:
    I have three different starter kits which in fairness got me off the smokes.
    If I manage to sell some of this horde I'll definitely go for it.

Btw,whats considered a good carto punch? I've heard good things about the Kir Francis but it seems a tad tricky to get hold of.

Vaperus wrote: »
    Yeah they are not perfect, this is a growing market and new devices are coming out all the time. Pretty much all devices have ups and downs.
    They are getting better
    The Vamo and Vmax are just power sources not clearomizers

Yeah I realise what they are-I'm not that much of a newb!:D
    Actually considering the vamo with the AGR set-up.
    You know,its a shame we're not more like clearomizers and come with replaceable heads because mine is fũcking melted already:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Btw,whats considered a good carto punch? I've heard good things about the Kir Francis but it seems a tad tricky to get hold of.
    a punch is a punch in my opinion,a 5 euro one should do the job as well as any

pmcmahon wrote: »
    a punch is a punch in my opinion,a 5 euro one should do the job as well as any

This is correct buy how long will they last is the question. I got a five euro one and punched half a dozen cartos and noticed the tip on it is bent already.

Advertisement