Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to Galway by bus?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 10:07pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping to go to a football match in Thomond Park soon. I'm living in Galway, and wondering if anyone knows a bus service that runs at night that would bring me back? I've tried citylink, bus eireann and even iarnrod eireann. I really want to see this match, but won't be able to afford a hotel. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

what time does the match end?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go to a football match in Thomond Park soon. I'm living in Galway, and wondering if anyone knows a bus service that runs at night that would bring me back? I've tried citylink, bus eireann and even iarnrod eireann. I really want to see this match, but won't be able to afford a hotel. Any ideas?

What about a hostel if there is not other transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    What about a hostel if there is not other transport.

No hostels in Limerick. Could try the travellodge etc though on a match day it wont come cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭cson

No hostels in Limerick. Could try the travellodge etc though on a match day it wont come cheap.

She said football match so its probably Limerick FC who wouldn't exactly cause an accommodation crisis in Limerick for their home matches.

Even a standard Munster match wouldn't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

www.a-b.ie

The last departure appears to be the 2030 Citylink from Limerick. If you miss that, the only connection is via Dublin/Dublin Airport. First thing in the morning is the 05:55 train.

Also, check Shannon and Ennis for accommodation.

Will there be a supporters bus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Victor wrote: »
    www.a-b.ie

The last departure appears to be the 2030 Citylink from Limerick. If you miss that, the only connection is via Dublin/Dublin Airport. First thing in the morning is the 05:55 train.

Also, check Shannon and Ennis for accommodation.

Will there be a supporters bus?

Hmm, I'll have a look for accommodation. There'd be a supporters bus, but it'd be going to and from Dublin which isn't much help. It'd be so much easier if there was even one bus during the night. Oh well.

Advertisement