Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying smartphone from china. any taxes/charges?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am buying a smartphone from china and I am wondering if there are any taxes/charges when doing this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There sure are, there'll be VAT@23%, duty, and a handling fee of between €6-€20. That'd be on the total delivery price, not just the cost of the phone itself. Search this forum, you'll find lots of helpful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You will probably have to VAT, Duty and admin fees. Also Customs will probably send it off to check whether it is a fake or not so make time allowance not only for the length of the time for postage from China but also the time to get the item check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Well, this involves a tablet but I'm guessing its a similar affair for a mobile. I bought a tablet for €140 from Hong Kong/Mainland China and the total duties on it was €20. Hope this helps!
    The website was aliexpress btw

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

thanks for your help, think ill buy on amazon.co.uk so their wont be charges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement