Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astra 28.2 Astra 2a

Options
  • 23-03-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Since last nite I have no signal on Astra 28 or Arabsat 26 - just wondering if its just me or anyone else with this problem.

FYI - My 13, 16, 19 and 7 are fine.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

It's just you. There's no way the signal could disappear from all those satellites without causing absolute uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

It's just you. There's no way the signal could disappear from all those satellites without causing absolute uproar.

Oh Darn, out to the Garden :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've been having an issue with some channels on Astra 2a since last night also. All Eurobird 1 and a handful of Astra 2a channels are coming in fine.. =/

Any ideas?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

If it is a problem on only some channels, and the system has worked on all channels recently, I would suspect either a nearby digital wireless phone (including base set), or a slight change in dish alignment.

It would help if you checked the details of the channels that have gone missing - then you could look for a common parameter such as the transponder frequency or the signal polarity (horizontal or vertical).

If the dish has moved slightly you might find it affects channels on the same transponder or of the same polarity, if it is a local wireless phone, it will affect the reception of certain channels that the phone signal (to and from base station) can cause interference to.

Thanks Ger. Tried turning off the cordless phone and base-station but the problem persists. More channels have actually stopped working now so it must be a dish alignment / weather issue. I had wrongly assumed that since some channels were still coming through; that it was not that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

It looks like a dish alignment problem now alright.
    It doesn't take much movement to loose everything, but a very slight movement will certainly loose some.

It would not take much to re-adjust if you still have some channels to work with - check signal and quality levels and move slightly and slowly to improve. The more important level is quality - go for as high as possible (usually in and around 70% at best position)

Use an existing channel to guide you to the best position and then check for some that you have lost.

Good luck.

I decided to try another STB before attempting to mess around with the sat, and curiously it's picking up all channels without a problem. I'm completely stumped now!

My box is an Ariva 120. I don't think any settings have been changed or anything yet signal quality is only at 10% now for all sats. On the other box I tried (a mate's Humax), it's up around 80% through the same LNB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I decided to try another STB before attempting to mess around with the sat, and curiously it's picking up all channels without a problem. I'm completely stumped now!

My box is an Ariva 120. I don't think any settings have been changed or anything yet signal quality is only at 10% now for all sats. On the other box I tried (a mate's Humax), it's up around 80% through the same LNB.

Do a manual TP scan for one of the missing transponders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Ive always had the same issue. My Humax always picks up more stations than my Arivas. I understand that this is because the tuner in the Humax is better than the tuner in the Ariva.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Do a manual TP scan for one of the missing transponders

Signal quality is so low that nothing is found. It's virtually not even scanning, just showing a 'no channels found' message instantly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement