Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Planned/Expected/Dreaded] Panic-Time. Cramming tips?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I'm probably going to get a modicum [or tirade] of hate for starting a thread like this, but I am moderately hardcore and I can take it.

I'm essentially a complete idiot, and I've done practically no work for the last 5-10 years in school whatsoever; and I've realised that if I want to get 500ish points that I am going to have to absolutely murder myself with study in the most torturous way imaginable till May.

[My question] Does anyone have any tips for this sort of ridiculous study that (no doubt), we're all intending to do? That is, without burning out or becoming homicidal.

How're you all (or how did you) alter you life in this one final stretch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

Furthermore, how long is it safe to maintain a caffeine addiction? I work far better at night-time, and I'm considering just jacking myself up over the Easter Holidays and learning 90% of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Moromaster wrote: »
    Furthermore, how long is it safe to maintain a caffeine addiction? I work far better at night-time, and I'm considering just jacking myself up over the Easter Holidays and learning 90% of everything.

Be careful, I've read that caffeine-fuelled cramming sessions do nothing for your long term memory! You're better off drinking ice cold water or something to try keep you awake. Or, if you have the time, stay up late and sleep in every morning if late nights are your optimum study time, so at least you won't be losing out on too much sleep. You form memories and stuff in sleep, so it's an important part of the studying process!

Most people tell me though, as hard as it is, that the best way to study over the holidays is to get up early and knock out a few hours while the day is young. I've yet to do it but since I'll need all the hours I can get this Easter I may try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

Well you certainly are an articulate being, therefore, you shouldn't worry about English!

I got an incredibly embarrassing English C2 in my Mocks. I think I ended up with approximately 300 points in my mocks, but that was with absolutely no study whatsoever; I'm hoping to increase that by 150-200 points by June. In my JC, I failed everything (except Religion, somehow), and I ended up getting 8 HL A's in the real thing.

Does anyone know of any good resources for Chemistry and Irish? Those are the two subjects I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to learn well independently.

I got an incredibly embarrassing English C2 in my Mocks. I think I ended up with approximately 300 points in my mocks, but that was with absolutely no study whatsoever; I'm hoping to increase that by 150-200 points by June. In my JC, I failed everything (except Religion, somehow), and I ended up getting 8 HL A's in the real thing.

Does anyone know of any good resources for Chemistry and Irish? Those are the two subjects I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to learn well independently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Don't make yourself look stupid when you clearly aren't. I got a C1 in the English mock, and that's with a lot of study and work in every area. Though the correcting was attrocious also.

I'm in a similar position, so can't give you any proper advice, but don't just say you're going to "murder yourself with study" but actually do it :P .

Does anyone know of some online chemistry guides that are relevant to the LC course? Everything I'm finding is either far too complicated, far too simplified, or just completely in-congruent with the course and foreign to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I can't study anytime so you're that one step fruther than me

Advertisement