Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba 1TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive £50 @ Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

ecomac wrote: »
    Great value PORTABLE hdd at Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005X7AXXE

Showing as £60 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Yeah, gone in 60 minutes... managed to get one

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Even at 60 its a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yeah, gone in 60 minutes... managed to get one

How much did delivery to Ireland cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This is currently on amazon at £55 (<€70). I've ordered it and also the 500GB model for around £40 (<€50).

Both are USB 3.0 and despite the mixed reviews are working great. They run silent too. I've never had any problems with Hitatchi drives in the past. Great bargain buys at those prices. And very similar to the above HDD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

How much did delivery to Ireland cost?

If you buy directly from Amazon, it's free

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you buy directly from Amazon, it's free

I know that. I buy regularly from Amazon:rolleyes:. This unit is not supplied by Amazon and delivery costs £6.95 in the UK.

Just checked again. The unit is now gone up to £67.51 + free delivery in the UK. Its also a new third-party supplier so there will be a delivery charge to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

DubDJ wrote: »
    This is currently on amazon at £55 (<€70). I've ordered it and also the 500GB model for around £40 (<€50).

Both are USB 3.0 and despite the mixed reviews are working great. They run silent too. I've never had any problems with Hitatchi drives in the past. Great bargain buys at those prices. And very similar to the above HDD.

That is correct and I think its a better model than the OP. I have used one of these and they are small enough and work just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Back down to £50 now and supplied by amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Back down to £50 now and supplied by amazon

link. its still showing 66.50 on the above link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

numorouno wrote: »

link. its still showing 66.50 on the above link

Seventy pounds now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Looks to have went back up again. It was £50 when I followed the OP's link.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

personally I have had bad experienced with toshiba drives and this is the most important part of any pc setup /backup because you can't replace the data. I would only go for WD nowadays (even seagate is getting bad press) unless its only for media player or something else unimportant....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Great value PORTABLE hdd at Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005X7AXXE

79.99 now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

smccarrick wrote: »
    79.99 now :mad:
    £66.50 now - seems to change price very fast

TMC99 wrote: »
    £66.50 now - seems to change price very fast

It hasn't changed price for a long time actually. Different sellers are just going in and out of stock. When Amazon themselves have it in stock, it is £50.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

shoulda stuck it into flubit when it was at 50 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Showing at £66.50 (not sold by Amazon) and when I tried to check out to get postage cost it won't ship to Ireland.

Binka wrote: »
    Showing at £66.50 (not sold by Amazon) and when I tried to check out to get postage cost it won't ship to Ireland.

Most 3rd party sellers don't ship to Ireland. Use Parcel Motel, wait for it to come into stock with Amazon, or buy one of the many similar hard drives Amazon do have in stock for a similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Most 3rd party sellers don't ship to Ireland. Use Parcel Motel, wait for it to come into stock with Amazon, or buy one of the many similar hard drives Amazon do have in stock for a similar price.

Yeah, that's one way around it. Was it on free super saver delivery when Amazon were selling it?

• Advertisement

Yes.

Here is an alternative.

Advertisement