Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I sign on for dole between courses?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All,
    Just wanted to ask a quick question.

I am a 3rd year student finishing my BA course this year (May 2013) who recieves the maintenance grant. I am applying for the BA HONS of the course which is starting Sep 2013. As it is a level 8 now (with new course code) and I will be dealing with a new grant (hopefully) will I be able to sign on for the dole this summer?

Regards,
    njC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Nope you have to be at least 3 months finished in full time education before you can claim jobseekers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 njC

Nope you have to be at least 3 months finished in full time education before you can claim jobseekers
    Cheers for info!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Are you sure? I thought that was only in relation to school? When I finished a masters I signed on immediately.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

The 3 months is for school. You will need to be able to get some sort of letter to say you've finished the course & if you can get the letter you should be able to sign on for the Summer.

Advertisement