Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Football Eligibility (London)

Options
  • 22-03-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hows it going?

I'm currently playing minor club football in Kildare.
    I'd be a decent enough footballer but I know myself I certainly wouldn't be good enough to make the Kildare minors.

However I was born in London and moved back to Ireland when I was about 5, and I'm wondering if I would be able to play football for London?

I know normally you have to be playing club football in that county, but is there any exception for London?

Sound!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Snegg wrote: »
    Hows it going?

I'm currently playing minor club football in Kildare.
    I'd be a decent enough footballer but I know myself I certainly wouldn't be good enough to make the Kildare minors.

However I was born in London and moved back to Ireland when I was about 5, and I'm wondering if I would be able to play football for London?

I know normally you have to be playing club football in that county, but is there any exception for London?

Sound!!!

- Do London compete at Minor? I dont think so.

- London seniors - Im pretty sure that if you cant make a county minor team you would be up against it to make there senior team. Im near 100% sure they wont be paying your expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

London have had development squads in hurling (and i presume football) from u14 to u18 for the past number of years. They travel to blitzes in Ireland like any other county.

OP, I imagine you probably would need to contact the london county board, but if it's a case where you think they might be short and it'll be easy to walk on to it and get a bit of gear, then i'd think again. Their development panels are 25 players deep.

Also to note, that New York also have a minor team :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

You are eligible to play for London alright,No harm in getting in touch with the County Board,They might keep tabs on you for a year or two before giving you the call to play Junior grade maybe

Advertisement