Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a J1 with USIT?

• 22-03-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I cant find anything on cancelling a J1 programme online with USIT and I'm considering doing it because all of my friends have backed out of going. I was the only one to make solid plans and pay in full.

Does anyone know if I could get my money back? I understand that I will definitely lose the 100 euro deposit paid at the beginning but could I get the rest back? I cant find anything on the website.

Thank you!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 A.J.H

Hi Im in the same boat as you! I can't find anything much about cancellation on the website except a mention fob cancellation fees... I hope i can get some sort of a refund as I have paid in full.
    Just wondering how you got on with your cancellation?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,396 ✭✭✭✭cson

You should go; there'll be a load of J1ers wherever you go and it'll be a serious character building experience. Could be the best summer of your life if you want it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Hey OP, this happened to me 16 (!!!) years ago when one of my friends cancelled on the morning we were due to pay the full amount.

I just went on my own and had an amazing time. The plane out was full of other J1ers and I had offers to go stay with several different groups before we landed. I also recognized lots of people from college on the flight who I didn't realize were going.

I'd say go for it. You can always come home after a few weeks if things don't work out

Advertisement