Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally in print...

Options
  • 22-03-2013 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Hello, long time no see.

I've been working hard since before Christmas to try and put out some articles in print. Not being a person that is full of it, and not one to go back on my word (I would like to think!), I pressed on and completed what I set out to do.

It was finally printed today and should ship next week.

Just wanted to share these photos I received from the printer this morning as I know some of you ordered a copy.

I hope you enjoy it!

So, what's the craic? :)

PB%20(1).jpg
    PB%20(2).jpg
    PB%20(3).jpg
    PB%20(4).jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I purchased a copy the moment orders opened, can't wait to check it out! Looks stunning.

Nice to see you around these parts man - you've missed a lot of lovely arcade gets. Both boards and cabs! :)

Sweet as!
    Looking forward to getting mine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What's it like over at jamma+. I get nothing but sexual harassment here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Hello, long time no see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Good to see you back here!

I ordered mine when I saw the youtube video. Cant wait to get it! Looks like it will be the ****!

We havent bulk purchased any games like The Tower in a while, care to start a new craze?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah feck, I never ordered one!
    Is there any stock left for purchase?
    Let me know!

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Wow, looks fantastic :D

Can't wait to read it !

Master of the Universe

Steal at that price too. I hope it's not the last :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Great job man, looks very impressive. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nice to see you back Pyong, looks fantastic well done :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Thanks all, I hope those that ordered a copy enjoy them. Sorry no more will be printed, but Wil Overton has signed on to do the cover of volume 2 (should I ever make one). :)

Just to let you know, if anyone wants a copy and missed out, Jeff/rancor at www.tokyoshmups.com has a few copies for sale. Literally a handful though.

The response to volume one has been absolutely mind-blowing. It really has. So much support and so many positive comments from everyone!

I've decided to do a Volume 2. To be released some time in the Summer this year. I have some major feature content already secured for it, and hopefully another original cover by Wil Overton (yet to be confirmed). I'm not suggesting this will be a regular, quarterly zine, but I'm keen to give this thing another go and try and get a second volume out there.

Volume 2 would work on the same principles I set for volume 1. Those being:
    • A5
    • 28 pages (maybe more) full colour
    • Non-commercial
    • Non-profit, break even only
    • Pre-orders first, if 100 sell then it goes to print
    • One print run only. When they're gone they're gone.

I hope folks are interested in a volume 2 and I will put out more details over the coming weeks.

Thanks so much everyone!

NOTE: This has been posted elsewhere. :)

Advertisement