Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Recorder for HTC ONE X

Options
  • 22-03-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello all,
    I have carried out an exhaustive search on here and other forums to see if I can access an App to allow me record both sides of my phone calls. I have tried recommendations for other HTC Android phones, but to date nothing has worked i.e., it appears there is a log of a call and it appears to "Play" back for the duration of the call, but nothing is audible. I'm hoping someone on here can assist me with this, as I have tried several, but No Joy.

Thanks in advance,

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

As far as I'm aware its not possible to record the down stream of a call using the Android SDK so unless there's a native app from HTC themselves or some way of doing this through a rooted few it may not be possible for an app to do this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

That's a shame, draffodx. My son saw a mate of his using one, but I am not sure of the make of phone , but he thought it was an Android???

The search continues...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    That's a shame, draffodx. My son saw a mate of his using one, but I am not sure of the make of phone , but he thought it was an Android???

The search continues...:)

I may be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Was looking for something like this a while back myself. Theres a few apps for it on the Play store but none of the reviews looked too positive. From what I could tell the only way to get both sides of a conversation was to have the phone on loudspeaker during the call. Didnt bother downloading any of them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I use Call Recorder Pro on my own android phones. It works fine and the call is saved on the sd card in mp3 format. It even tags the file with the phone number and whether it's outward or inward bound.

This is on an old LG phone and a newer Samsung Galaxy Beam.

• Advertisement

Thanks NForce. I did download Call Recorder FREE, as it advised to try it first before purchasing CR Pro, but sadly it didn't work. It appears to record the calls, there is a Log of the Calls, but no audio when I play it back.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have the Settings selected incorrectly???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I just installed the app and left the settings as default. Audio source is at the default "Phone Line"setting too. Recording quality is medium, audio channel is stereo and file format is 3GPP.

Edit:Do you have a file manager installed..eg. ES File Explorer? If so,search the SD card for the CallRecorder folder and see if the recorded files are there.

Hello guys,
    Just wondering were there any developments in this regard?
    Again, my phone appears to record the call, but there is nothing there during playback. I really need this facility asap.

Thanks in advance,

T

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not easy to do. There was a discussion about it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86209294#post86209294

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i have an old Nokia, a 6303, i only use it with a Tesco sim as can call family back in wales for 1c/min

In call, if you press options there is a choice then of 'record', saves straight to memory card and records the whole call, from both sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    Hello guys,
    Just wondering were there any developments in this regard?
    Again, my phone appears to record the call, but there is nothing there during playback. I really need this facility asap.

Thanks in advance,

T
    I have been using 'AllCall deluxe' on a samsung ace. You can try a free version too. But I have to have call on loudspeaker too, to record the otherside of the call. I think it's a deliberate, built in problem, to stop you from recording the other side of the call. iphones won't allow it.
    Very tempted to revert to my old nokia E51, which was a gem for recording calls, (one touch of a button on the side) but have got too used to the other features of the smartphone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I use InCall recorder on my note 2 and it works well. I think you might need to be rooted to use it.

Advertisement