Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NES Powerpak (just play the **** note)

Options
  • 22-03-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So my NES PowerPak arrived. Looks great. Plays ... nothing.

I cannot get it to work. The PowerPak itself runs but then every file I try to load gives either a black screen or "File Not Found".

Any experienced PowerPak users able to help me out ? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,841 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are they in the right format, flash carts can be very picky about what formats will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I think so yeah. NTSC NES is reading the powerpak. Loads up the powerpak title screen and lists the games. When I select a game I get either "SAVES File Not Found" (I know how to fix this now kinda (by placing a save file in SAVES) or a black screen if the save file exists.

It's a 4GB CF card and its formatted FAT32. It's wrecking my head. The powerpak doesn't load every time mind you. It's a bit ... finicky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

brianon wrote: »
    I think so yeah. NTSC NES is reading the powerpak. Loads up the powerpak title screen and lists the games. When I select a game I get either "SAVES File Not Found" (I know how to fix this now kinda (by placing a save file in SAVES) or a black screen if the save file exists.

It's a 4GB CF card and its formatted FAT32. It's wrecking my head. The powerpak doesn't load every time mind you. It's a bit ... finicky.

What make of CF card is it? Thought I read some were troublesome. The cart itself should be brand new so if it's picky loading could that be your NES at fault?

I'm not at home right now (prob be a long while before I am with the fookin roads :rolleyes:) but I can check what way my powerpak is setup when I get back. Didn't think there was anything special you had to do though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

2677826431a5925100634l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Cheers guys. I thought I had two CF cards and both were the same. Grabbed the one from my camera and turns out its different. Used that one and all is well again. Even the hacked roms are working :)

Just trying to get the fds working.

• Advertisement
Advertisement