Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Hilux and Opel Astravan Drivers wanted...

Options
  • 22-03-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi -
    I need drivers of Toyota Hilux (2006 or newer) and Opel/Vauxall Astravan (2006 or newer) vehicles to contact me.
    I'm especially interested if you're in the Galway/Oranmore area :)

I'm doing some fuel-usage monitoring for comparison pusposes (call it research!). For a period of up to 4 weeks, I will pay for your fuel-use...

no catch: I just need to meet you at the pump whn you're filling up, and take the vehicle readings.

thanks for volunteering ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

bump for something interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just to note on the hilux there are 98 and 120hp 2.5 models, 163, 170 and 200hp 3.0 models, there are automatic and manual versions of these too along with single, king and double cab bodies. Then you have hilux vigo imports which will be different again. All of these will have different mpg figures.
    Add to that rear canopies which will affect mpg figures and its hard to see what such a test will prove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Also with the astra van there is a 1.3 and 1.7 version and there is a long estate van or coupe car version. I had a 2008 astra van estate type 1.3 up until 2 months ago and I got 48-52 mpg working it out accurately. Just to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pcon1

@colm_mcm thanks for the information! that's more than I knew!
    I'm more interested in the relative accuracy of what the vehicle reports, versus real fuel-usage as measured at the pump. so the vehicle specifics are not that important.
    @Bpmull thank you also :)

the offer to pay for your fuel-usage for (up to!) 4 weeks stands :)
    spread the word, I've not had much luck yet...

There are other vehicles I'm interested in too: Mercedes Sprinter; Iveco Daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

pcon1 wrote: »
    @colm_mcm thanks for the information! that's more than I knew!
    I'm more interested in the relative accuracy of what the vehicle reports, versus real fuel-usage as measured at the pump. so the vehicle specifics are not that important.
    @Bpmull thank you also :)

the offer to pay for your fuel-usage for (up to!) 4 weeks stands :)
    spread the word, I've not had much luck yet...

There are other vehicles I'm interested in too: Mercedes Sprinter; Iveco Daily.

I have a Peugeot Partner that you can fill up with fuel if you want.

• Advertisement

@rsole1 that's the spirit!

the peugeot partner is not one of my 'want' vehicles just now, but it may become one in the future... if it does, I'll re-post, and take you up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gus66

how do get in contact

@gus66
    You can call me on 091 792444, or 091 393436.
    Ask for Paul C.
    I'm looking forward to speaking with you :)
    Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

This is all very exciting

Advertisement