Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N11 flooded again!

Options
  • 22-03-2013 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like hell on the eastern front on the approaches to Bray, and in and around Bray and the coast road as people look for another way north/south.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Between Bray North and Bray South. M11 to be precise.

www.joe.ie/news-politics/current-affairs/picture-this-is-why-the-m11-is-closed-right-now-0035703-1

This just in lest anyone ask how flooded is flooded.

M11%20picture%20good%20final.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

What amazed me most about this was when I was going by this morning there were 4 people cleaning drains. 2 at the slip road up to the southern cross and 2 coming down the slip from Fassaroe, there was no one trying to clear up the main road where the main problem was.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

For those planning on travelling from Dublin to Wexford -

M11 closed to 7pm tonight in both directions

Mapalerter from Wexford Co Co advises the following -

Edermine Bridge in Wexford is closed to traffic, take alternative routes where possible

Quays in Enniscorthy Town are now closed - diversions are in place, Avoid the area if at all possible

• Registered Users Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭markpb

Nopeare wrote: »
    What amazed me most about this was when I was going by this morning there were 4 people cleaning drains. 2 at the slip road up to the southern cross and 2 coming down the slip from Fassaroe, there was no one trying to clear up the main road where the main problem was.

Where do you think the water goes if not the drains?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I bet the NRA will fork out for remedial works - but nobody wants to pay to deal with chronic flooding on the Ennis-Limerick railway line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

dowlingm wrote: »
    I bet the NRA will fork out for remedial works - but nobody wants to pay to deal with chronic flooding on the Ennis-Limerick railway line.

That's not the least bit shocking given massivly wide difference in usage.

Advertisement