Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incompetence of Irish Rail Service and Staff

Options
  • 22-03-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

How do Irish Rail get away with such poor service? Every time a train is late (4 out of the last 5 work days our train has been late) there is no announcement from the train attendant at the station until the train is just about to arrive at the platform. I guess this is so nobody will rant at them as they would have to get on the train. Also, I was on a train this morning, running 20 minutes late and not one announcement from the train driver as to why. How bloody hard is it to make some sort of announcement/apology? Can one train station not phone the next one on the line to say that the train is running late and why or can the attendants not bloody well check their watch and make an announcement? And then in the evenings having to stand up on packed trains after paying over two grand for a ticket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

you would be better off sending that to irish rail .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Irish Rail are p*ss poor at making announcements and at this stage the whole training of both drivers and station attendants needs to be seriously looked at.

When I commuted by train from Portlaoise to Dublin the amount of times your train would be sat on the platform, delayed with no announcement at all which could lead to people trying to switch to another train if they were going to Kildare or Newbridge. People understand that things happen that delay trains but a simple piece of communication would solve most customer irritation.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    you would be better off sending that to irish rail .

Done that before posting here.
    Irish Rail are p*ss poor at making announcements and at this stage the whole training of both drivers and station attendants needs to be seriously looked at.

When I commuted by train from Portlaoise to Dublin the amount of times your train would be sat on the platform, delayed with no announcement at all which could lead to people trying to switch to another train if they were going to Kildare or Newbridge. People understand that things happen that delay trains but a simple piece of communication would solve most customer irritation.

Yep it's a joke. Not enough people complain to both Irish Rail and the Department of transport - if we all sent letters/emails to the minister for transport maybe someone might be inclined to take notice - although I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I know staff that love their work and do a first rate job.

There's others then, that would make you wonder if IE are running some sort of day-care centre for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

thats not far from the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

On my (Dublin) bus home last night, the driver took the wrong route - thought he was an 8 instead of a 7D - but rectified it within a few minutes, not sure if he made an announcement or not as I was listening to music, but when I was getting off the bus he apologised to every passenger, which was the right thing to do.

Advertisement