Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres

Options
  • 22-03-2013 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

Where do ye find is the best place around sligo to get tyres

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gtx

http://www.goldenpages.ie/tyres/sligo-sligo-county/

i use pearse road tyres in cleveragh seem ok still price around do..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

I know parkes in ballisodare are doing good deals on pirelli tyres at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Few places I know of are 'Quinn' on the Old Dublin Road in Carrarow, 'Reagans' in Rathcormic, and 'Sligo Tyre Centre' on the Pearse Rd.

I use Hancooks which can both be got at the later two. I'm sure any of them could order in if you wanted a specific make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭micky mouse

irish-stew wrote: »
    Few places I know of are 'Quinn' on the Old Dublin Road in Carrarow, 'Reagans' in Rathcormic, and 'Sligo Tyre Centre' on the Pearse Rd.

I use Hancooks which can both be got at the later two. I'm sure any of them could order in if you wanted a specific make.

you find hankooks a good tyre,i do a lot of miles. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

you find hankooks a good tyre,i do a lot of miles. Thanks

Only been using them for a couple thousand miles so far. Had no issue so far, but not really a hard driver. Felt instantly better than the ones I had though, but then they were due to be replaced, still within the legal thread though.

You'd be better really looking at some of the online reviews, or maybe having a look at the motoring forum if discussing specific brands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭alsace royal

theres a couple of lads down in carney i think doing second hand tyres very reasonabley, a freind from work got got tyres for a passat 35euro each and nearly new.
    sorry i have no number but i will see if he has it and post here later if he does

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

yep try the second hand tyres from Carney you may save a lot.
    Thats the link for they website
    http://tirecentresligo.webs.com/

But do ya get the value out of second hand tyres.Or is a case of alright for the second car type thing,just tipping about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭caseman

Mc gettricks tyres outside collooney dose new and secondhand tyres ,good value but only open evenings and weekends.

What road are they on caseman.Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭caseman

What road are they on caseman.Thanks
    Ballymote turn of N17 @ clarkes bridge ,in their about half mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Be careful with secondhand tyres I witnessed a man in the NCT cursing them a few weeks ago he put four on they failed the test due to having nicks and not having a proper E mark

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

I bought second hand tyres to pass the nct in January's 2012 from a supplier in Sligo. By June they were bald and the supplier didn't want to know. You get what u pay for. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spice glamor

Have had awful experience with second hand tyres. A complete waste of money!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spice glamor

theres a couple of lads down in carney i think doing second hand tyres very reasonabley, a freind from work got got tyres for a passat 35euro each and nearly new.
    sorry i have no number but i will see if he has it and post here later if he does

Don't go there! That is where I bought my tyres and they were a disaster....lasted no time.

Advertisement