Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetting

Options
  • 21-03-2013 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I was interviewed today from TUS leader partnership, work for your dole programme, and the interviewer gave me a garda vetting application form to fill out.

It is asking me to fill out a list in relation to 'have you ever been convicted of an offence in the republic of Ireland or elsewhere'. Date/court/offence/court outcome... but I cannot remember any of my previous conviction dates as they were a long time ago, and I did have quite a few minor ones with court appearances and fines.

Can someone here advise me on how i would go about getting all my previous conviction records and also would i be better off contacting a garda superintendent in my local area to deal with this ?.

I never had to deal with this before and i'm stuck in dealing with this now. Any help would be much appreciated.

Zenno.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I would ask the local Garda Station could they provide the information for you - I'm sure they'd have records. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Slyderx1

How long ago? And when you say minor what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kevin3

You could apply for information under the Data Protection Act

From the garda website:
    What is the procedure for seeking access to my personal data?
    An individual seeking access to their information should complete a Data Access Request form (available to download at our Policy Page) and return it with relevant enclosures to the Garda Criminal Records Office, Racecourse Road, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.

Other than that you should just fill up the form to the best of your knowledge and maybe include a note outlining what you have said in your post.

You could also try contacting the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Slyderx1

Kevin3 wrote: »
    You could apply for information under the Data Protection Act

From the garda website:

Other than that you should just fill up the form to the best of your knowledge and maybe include a note outlining what you have said in your post.

You could also try contacting the courts.
    that as far as I know is the Garda Vetting office but I agree that honesty is the best policy and cite the antiquity of the offences for lack of precise detail.

• Advertisement

Slyderx1 wrote: »
    How long ago? And when you say minor what do you mean?

Minor as in drunk and disorderly, simply being a nuisance about 19 years ago. but thanks for the information.

It was so long ago there is no way to remember dates. I will just fill out the pdf document and send it off for all the information regarding these convictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Does anyone here know the length of time it takes for this TUS group to receive the information regarding garda vetting files ? I heard it could be six months ? or is this wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Thanks Fred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Quiko09

Im waiting 19 weeks for Garda Vetting for a CE Scheme!!!! since early Dec 2012.

Advertisement