Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nature walks accessible via public transit / Dublin area

Options
  • 21-03-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

Would anyone happen to have suggestions for nature walks that are easily accessible by public transit from Dublin? I've been looking at Irish trails but it's hard to see what would fit bpoth my criteria of a) doesn't require a car to access and b) gets me into nature, away from civilization, eg not something like the canal walk or Howth.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

This comes up from time to time - see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

1. The 44 bus will take you to Enniskerry where you can access the Knocksink woods nature reserve + the Dargle Gorge walk.
    2. The 14, 16 and 75 buses allow access to the Three rock and Kilmashogue hill.
    3. The 145 bus goes out to Kilmacanogue where you can access the little sugar loaf, kindlestown hill and if you are prepared to walk a little further, the Glen of the Downs woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

You could also consider joining a hillwalking club. Many use buses or have car pooling locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NoxNox

Thanks! :D Once the weather clears out, I shall go exploring!

and I did consider joining a club but then I realized that with the fact that one of my goals is to get away from everything, including people... it would be counterproductive ;) Not to mention the fact that I keep unusual working hours and am thus usually stuck during a weekend.

Advertisement