Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying In Oslo

Options
  • 21-03-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am wondering whether anyone could tell me anything about Oslo University, Norway.

Thinking of doing a 2 year Masters there and was looking for opinions and experiences of living there.

I would rather have the experience of doing a Masters which is funded there with a high cost of living rather than doing a masters for 7000 euro somewhere else and still have to pay for living expenses.

I really just want an overall view of the city and what to expect if I decide to go. Also the university itself, if anyone can shed light on how good the university is, I realise its ranked quite highly.

Also interests wise, I am big into fitness such as the gym and outdoors, I hear the summer is quite nice averaging about 20 Degrees. I also like snowboarding, are there locations nearby?

Whats the social aspect like there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

shortys94 wrote: »
    Hi

I am wondering whether anyone could tell me anything about Oslo University, Norway.

Thinking of doing a 2 year Masters there and was looking for opinions and experiences of living there.

I would rather have the experience of doing a Masters which is funded there with a high cost of living rather than doing a masters for 7000 euro somewhere else and still have to pay for living expenses.

I really just want an overall view of the city and what to expect if I decide to go. Also the university itself, if anyone can shed light on how good the university is, I realise its ranked quite highly.

Also interests wise, I am big into fitness such as the gym and outdoors, I hear the summer is quite nice averaging about 20 Degrees. I also like snowboarding, are there locations nearby?

Whats the social aspect like there?

you will find all you need on the University webpage basically

http://www.uio.no/english/student-life/;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

It states that it is about 10,000 Krone per month for living expenses, so I was wondering what the student housing like, personal experiences! Would like to save money in that aspect.

It states that it is about 10,000 Krone per month for living expenses, so I was wondering what the student housing like, personal experiences! Would like to save money in that aspect.

Well 10000 should get you quite far,although its the most expensive city in Europe.
    Student housing is great,it's Norway we talking here,with a high standard of living.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Do you live there? I really would like some experiences from others who have lived/studied there.

Yea Ideally I wouldnt want to be spending near 10,000 at all so Ill get student housing most likely, just always hesitant of accomodation when I see the state of student housing in Ireland. I know the US has nice housing but very cramped whenever I was there.

Do you live there? I really would like some experiences from others who have lived/studied there.

Yea Ideally I wouldnt want to be spending near 10,000 at all so Ill get student housing most likely, just always hesitant of accomodation when I see the state of student housing in Ireland. I know the US has nice housing but very cramped whenever I was there.

I use to live in Norway,I am Norwegian,but settled in Ireland.
    I never studied there,but have friends and colleagues who did.;)
    I am sure you won't regret givin it a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement