Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Otterbox Defender Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 £10.00 @ Amazon

Options
  • 21-03-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Firstly bear in mind that you need to spend £25 to get free postage to Ireland from Amazon UK but saying that, most peeps would be buying other things from amazon at the same time.

This is a great price for the Otterbox Defender case... I know a mate who recently paid €40 for the same case for the newest Iphone.

Its a chunky case... a bit more than the Otterbox commuter cases... but if you search on Amazon the commuter version are currently around £16 to £19 which is also a great price for them. They are the best protection for any tech we have used... it has saved my own phone on many an occasion.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Otterbox-Defender-Case-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B0087Y1Y0Q

sam2-galaxy-s3-build-1049-1048-1049.jpg41FqyKBvmuL.jpg

I reckon at that price it wont last long as Amazon are constantly changing prices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Just got one, used parcel motel for free postage without spending a penny more. Thanks OP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great case, recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

price dropped again... if only by a little... now £9.70 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Seth!

Check the feedbacks on the product before purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

I got one as need a new cover as my old one in bits, am always dropping my phone. Delighted with this purchase, bought with parcel motel too.

• Advertisement

Seth! wrote: »
    Check the feedbacks on the product before purchase!

Are you mad? :rolleyes:

Otterbox are the bee knees when it comes to protecting any phone. Just cause the first review is from someone who seems to be unable to fit it correctly on their phone doesn't take away from the other positive reviews.

I have seen people putting comments up on facebook say that they have dropped their two day old samsung or iphone and smashed the screen... and besides me thinking "you muppet"... i think for as little as a tenner they could have protected it from smashing and having to fork out €100+ for a replacement screen/casing.

These cases used to be €40+ and still are that price in most mobile phone shops in town. So £10 (€12) is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Access wrote: »
    Are you mad? :rolleyes:

Otterbox are the bee knees when it comes to protecting any phone. Just cause the first review is from someone who seems to be unable to fit it correctly on their phone doesn't take away from the other positive reviews.

I have seen people putting comments up on facebook say that they have dropped their two day old samsung or iphone and smashed the screen... and besides me thinking "you muppet"... i think for as little as a tenner they could have protected it from smashing and having to fork out €100+ for a replacement screen/casing.

These cases used to be €40+ and still are that price in most mobile phone shops in town. So £10 (€12) is a great price.

You can tell these are serious comments and not messers. none of the comments are to do with it not protecting the phone. the main complaint on alot of the comments is that after a month or so the phone is loose inside and the snug fit is gone. also dust getting into the case as its not completely sealed.

one or two comments are from people who have had otter covers before and recommended highly before this one.

sort of put me off it now. also the belt attachment cant be took off once put on and making it more bulky than it needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thinking of getting one of these but would prefer a slimmer case,would the Commuter be better?Or another brand?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pippip wrote: »
    You can tell these are serious comments and not messers. none of the comments are to do with it not protecting the phone. the main complaint on alot of the comments is that after a month or so the phone is loose inside and the snug fit is gone. also dust getting into the case as its not completely sealed.

one or two comments are from people who have had otter covers before and recommended highly before this one.

sort of put me off it now. also the belt attachment cant be took off once put on and making it more bulky than it needs to be.
    We have about 30 of them in our company and nothing like this has happened, just from someone that sees them every day. All people talk about is how awesome they are. I'd like something lighter like a Sony xperia z cover, but they are for sonys :p

Now that I think about it, I find the opposite, feckin hard to get the cover off. Have to be fairly forceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I've had my otterbox now for nearly 4 mths and its the business - its a snug fit putting it in but its still snug now - that said it is the commuter version.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

How does one go about actually ordering this when they say they don't ship to your destination?

Kavs wrote: »
    How does one go about actually ordering this when they say they don't ship to your destination?

You have to use parcel motel.

donnacha wrote: »
    I've had my otterbox now for nearly 4 mths and its the business - its a snug fit putting it in but its still snug now - that said it is the commuter version.

Thats what I'm wondering if it's just the "defender series" isn't up to the standard of the rest of their range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Kavs wrote: »

As was previously said parcel motel, or click on other buying options for ones that say eligible for super saver delivery or fulfilled by amazon, some of those will ship here.

Sounds like the commuter series is better.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Sounds like the commuter series is better.

Just picked up mine, pleased with it, though will leave off the belt clip attachment.

Dotcomdolly - did you get it from amazon? Is it bulky? Take up much extra room in your pocket?

pippip wrote: »

I put up this BA because it is an excellent price for this case and I have had one of these cases for the past nine or ten months now (i paid €40 back then for it :mad:)on my phone and it has saved it on at least 10 to 15 times from drops to the pavement and my floor at home.

The case works full stop. It has never become loose or anything like that in the time i have has it.

Also, the belt clip does not have to be used at all... i have left that off.

The difference between the commuter and defender is the defender has an extra moulded belt clip backing (an extra layer)... the commuter has not.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Dotcomdolly - did you get it from amazon? Is it bulky? Take up much extra room in your pocket?

It adds half a cm to each 4 sides of the phone. Mine would always go in handbag so not an issue :)

Thought I wouldn't use the belt clip but it's actually very handy for listening to podcasts/music while doing the housework :) It's easy to take the case in/out of the belt clip attachment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Just in case anyone didn't get on this - I spotted on HUKD that its now reduced to £9.40 on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0087Y1Y0Q/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Advertisement