Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Book Pro Retina Display 13"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Seriously tempted to buy this, will you get all the original packaging? or they refurbished or something.

I see these are the previous model retina's the new one's got a bit of a speed bump. Great price. Did you pull the trigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

they upgraded the processors recently on the MBP retina version.

Old:
    2.5GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz

New:
    2.6GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz

still a decent deal imo

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Na haven't pulled the trigger yet... I presume its new stock it doesnt say refurbished anywhere I can see but ya never know they could be sneaky. As for the processer upgrade, surely such a minor speed increase won't make a big difference... Decent sized 256GB SSD as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

epopnomis wrote: »
    Na haven't pulled the trigger yet... I presume its new stock it doesnt say refurbished anywhere I can see but ya never know they could be sneaky. As for the processer upgrade, surely such a minor speed increase won't make a big difference... Decent sized 256GB SSD as well...

I see askdirect are the suppliers, I just quickly googled them and one person wasn't happy with a deal he purchased through groupon with them, delivery took ages and he started to think it was a con.

Yeah that kinda news isn't good on the ear but sure you'd be protected if you use you visa card to buy it. Have been in the market for one of these for a while and it seems like a pretty sweet deal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

There are a few deals on these "older" models around else where (not quiet as good) - Amazon have the 128GB SSD one for €1350 (that's from Amazon themselves, but there are lots of market place sellers)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009XCJ1C4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0K6GV2PE24HAREB72SZ3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294

Probably worth hunting around to see who has stock of these following the speed bump to the CPUs.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭jamesd

I have used groupon and ask direct a few times for external hard drives with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

€1,319.00
    Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5 with Retina Display from apple:
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/13

In stock

Originally released October 2012
    13.3-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2560-by-1600 resolution at 227 pixels per inch
    8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    128GB Flash Storage

720p FaceTime HD Camera

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Less storage capacity though... Would rather the 256 SSD...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Agree about the capacity but I'd rather spend that amount of money with Apple than groupon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

An i7 MacBook Pro 15' is cheaper than this on the Apple refurb store. €1500 is a lot of money for a 13 inch laptop, the 15 would be a lot better buy or if you need portability get a mac book air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I'd agree with the above, but I would say that it's still a personal opinion. Don't really see the point in spending that much on the 13" Retinas. Personally the Retina screen doesn't stand out to me as much on the 13". Also, there's a a few drawbacks to the 13" inch (spec-wise) compared to the 15" if you're using it for anything powerful. If you want portability, I'd recommend the Mac. Otherwise, go for the 15". Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

15 incher is worth way more than the price difference. Retina is a waste on the 13 inch

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

15 incher is worth way more than the price difference. Retina is a waste on the 13 inch

not at all.

I use a 13inch, the smaller size makes it alot more portable, and screen is amazing quality for what i use it for, photo editing. only advantage over the 15 is dedicated gfx and more work area

Advertisement