Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop screen repair (dublin southside)

Options
  • 20-03-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

any recommend a place dublin southside (or close) to repair/replace an acer laptop screen where the backlight appears to have failed? (very faint image, VGA out working fine)
    tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Better info with the laptop model. But it sounds like it could be your screen inverter.

If that is the case, you can do it yourself, even if you don't know how to use a screwdriver.

Okay, admittedly you will have to know how to use a screwdriver, but that is all.

Worst case scenario, replace the screen. Still only need a screwdriver and very little know-how.
    Having never done it before, it may take you 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭guano_jim

its an acer TM8371G-944G32n - i dropped it (in a backpack) on its edge. the screen worked briefly after that, flickering a bit, then nothing.
    i removed the bezel around the screen and noted there is a pcb taped to the bottom of the screen - presumably the inverter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

guano_jim wrote: »
    its an acer TM8371G-944G32n - i dropped it (in a backpack) on its edge. the screen worked briefly after that, flickering a bit, then nothing.
    i removed the bezel around the screen and noted there is a pcb taped to the bottom of the screen - presumably the inverter.

Yep, that should be it.
    Maybe HERE or HERE

Cheap enough to get, easy to put in.

If the inverter doesn't make a difference, then it may be the screen. Again, it's just screws around the side, but be careful with the connection behind the screen when removing. Just be aware it's there, and check if the connection needs to be squeezed/pressed/clipped up before removing the cable - i.e. don't just yank the cable out.

The screen should have a model nukber on the back (As should the inverter), that will allow you to search for it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭guano_jim

yep, replaced the screen inc. the inverter... worked flawlessly till this morning.

So.....

~ looking for an inverter again. ~

Anyone?

Advertisement