Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Keep

Options
  • 20-03-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Play Store Link

Looks very interesting. A Google Note App finally comes to Android. 4.0+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Googles take on Evernote thats doesn't have as much features...

I have been using Evernote for some note taking and its very good. I will leave Google Keep on my phone and keep an eye on the updates to see if anything good comes out of it.

EDIT:
    This guy agrees with me, and I him:
    http://www.androidguys.com/2013/03/20/five-reasons-evernote-still-reigns-over-google-keep/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+androidguyscom+(AndroidGuys)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Its not bad, its a nice basic app that you can add notes and pictures etc. I hope that there will be evolution from this app., I would love to see the app syncing with the calendar app so when you add an event you can include a memo.

Good start though good to see that they can be saved to your Google drive account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Forget where I read about it, but it said that Google would be developing this app to sync with other Google apps, so im sure it will get bigger and bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

nedd wrote: »
    Googles take on Evernote thats doesn't have as much features...

I have been using Evernote for some note taking and its very good. I will leave Google Keep on my phone and keep an eye on the updates to see if anything good comes out of it.

EDIT:
    This guy agrees with me, and I him:
    http://www.androidguys.com/2013/03/20/five-reasons-evernote-still-reigns-over-google-keep/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+androidguyscom+(AndroidGuys)

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I imagine most people who already use Evernote are.

I downloaded the app - I don't see a desktop page/program yet though?

First impressions:
    Clean, colourful, easy to use.
    Simple way to change an existing list to a checklist. To give it a demo I hit share on a gmail email, it gave me an option straight away to put it into a Keep note, and annother quick option to tuck it into a checklist, and to change the colour.

I don't have a huge amount of Evernote notes, so I'll probably use both programs concurrently. Depending on the future google integration/ desktop options, I'll most likely end up prefering one long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

steve_r wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I imagine most people who already use Evernote are.

I downloaded the app - I don't see a desktop page/program yet though?

First impressions:
    Clean, colourful, easy to use.
    Simple way to change an existing list to a checklist. To give it a demo I hit share on a gmail email, it gave me an option straight away to put it into a Keep note, and annother quick option to tuck it into a checklist, and to change the colour.

I don't have a huge amount of Evernote notes, so I'll probably use both programs concurrently. Depending on the future google integration/ desktop options, I'll most likely end up prefering one long term.

+1 to that. Its only in the last week I start saving a couple of recipes to the Evernote food side. I do like the Lists in Keep though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Whilst I see the appeal with Evernote, I'm simply not going to pay (or upgrade to premium for more features) for a note app. Google Keep for me.

I like the interface. It's simple and colourful.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Have a load of notes on google docs that I made with Awesome Note on IOS, is there any way to transfer them to google keep?
    That app is the only one I miss since I switched to Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

jwcurtin wrote: »

Play Store Link

Looks very interesting. A Google Note App finally comes to Android. 4.0+

Nice one, thanks OP. Exactly the type of app I've been looking for. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

It may be just me but I like the colours on Google Keep. I always wanted this in Evernote to quickly see the notes based on my colour preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Nice one, thanks OP. Exactly the type of app I've been looking for. Cheers.

Actually, on closer investigation, not so sure that this is totally right for me. Anyone know of a (free) notebook app that will sync between Google Chrome on my laptop and my smartphone (Samsung S3)?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Actually, on closer investigation, not so sure that this is totally right for me. Anyone know of a (free) notebook app that will sync between Google Chrome on my laptop and my smartphone (Samsung S3)?

Cheers
    In what way isn't this syncing? Should sync between the phone app and keep.google.com

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've been waiting for Google to come out with something like this. I just tried it and the voice recognition note taking works very well. Does evernote do this? Will need to play with both and see

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just tried google keep. Not a bad first go, but badly needs categories.
    Not enough there to ween me off Catch Notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Cheers

Evernote provides a Chrome add-on. Very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Chinpool wrote: »
    In what way isn't this syncing? Should sync between the phone app and keep.google.com
    https://drive.google.com/keep/

I like the Google voice integration but the previous app I used, GNotes had a widget feature where you could stick a note on your homescreen, was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gijoees

Hi,

Not sure if there is a newer thread for google keep. I used it recently and find it very handy. I was just wondering is there a way to lock notes with passwords as anyone can access it on my home PC. Most of them are generic nonsense but some of them are important that I would not like anyone reading.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Why would you allow anyone use your windows profile? Set one up for yourself with a password. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gijoees

I understand you point but when you have 2 pensioner parents, getting them to use it is a start, setting up another profile is just an added level of complexity for them.

Advertisement