Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAN I GET DOLE

Options
  • 20-03-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I am 29. I am out of work for the last six months and I have not applied for dole because I thought I wouldn't get it. I bought a house in "the good times" and I am renting it out and the rent is just paying my mortgage. If i go for dole i will be means tested and then they will see i am renting out my house. if i don't get dole then i will start dropping behind on my repayments. PLEASE HELP!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

Hi, I am 29. I am out of work for the last six months and I have not applied for dole because I thought I wouldn't get it. I bought a house in "the good times" and I am renting it out and the rent is just paying my mortgage. If i go for dole i will be means tested and then they will see i am renting out my house. if i don't get dole then i will start dropping behind on my repayments. PLEASE HELP!!

Go and see your local community welfare officer asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You dont say how long you had been working before you were made unemployed. You may have an entitlement to jobseekers benefit which isnt a means tested payment its depends on the number of contributions you have paid plus other criteria. If you are not entitled to jsb then you can apply for jobseekers allowance which is a means tested payment your investment property will be assessed on the basis of out standing mortgage versus capital value.... if you are in negative equity then there wont be any means from the property. One thing that will be questioned is what you survived on for the last 6 months.

Advertisement