Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Memory to Nicola Furlong

Options
  • 20-03-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Condolences to the Furlong family and we must not forget Nocola's friend who was assaulted and must now live scarred by the events that took place in Tokyo.

The Furlong family may be very annoyed with the sentence handed down to the convicted scumbag as I'm sure are many other people .

This may be of some consolation to the many “other people” but will never be a justice to Andrew Angela and Andrea Furlong who will now have to move on with their lives and let Nicola rest in peace.

The Japanese penal system is extremely harsh compared to our own standards here in Ireland where a convicted killer can earn the privilege of a TV set in their own cell within a couple of months of been incarcerated and allowed out of the cell into the general population of the regime.

The killer of Nicola had a relatively easy time during his lockup at the Tokyo Detention Center , he could and would have been allowed a 30 minute visitor with toothpaste, soap, tobacco, books etc.

The killer having now been convicted as a juvenile in an adult court is now in Fuchu which is an adult prison and will be treated as such. Foreign prisoners are treated worse than their own Japanese prisoners. The killer of African decent is in for a very nasty welcome which he is now going through . The first month or possibly longer depending on his strength he will go through conditioning treatment. He will be first placed in an unheated cell and instructed to sit in a lotus position correctly and to maintain silence for up to 8 hours a day .If he moves or cringes he will be battered .The other 16 hours are in silence also but is expected to make delightful sound of the food offered to him. (Amnesty International) are still to this date trying to stop this form of conditioning . I will remain neutral on this form of punishment for murders , neither condemning or condoning.

The Killer will not have an easy stretch and will be nothing more than a whimpering dog after his first year. He will not learn to understand the language and will only understand commands shouted at him like a dog . He will wag his tail and yelp Hi to his prison masters. No TV or Chocolates for good prison dogs in Japan . Hard labour will begin as soon as the dog understands and is fully trained in Go ,Sit ,Stay.

By the end of this killers minimum 5 years of hell, he can apply for a release date . Here the Furlong family will have their say again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Where do you get such information from?

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

just-joe wrote: »

The net.
    There is a lot to be found on Fuchu Prison.

What the USA have to say about it.

What an alleged ex prisoner had to say about it

A French Documentary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

shindig-jp wrote: »
    The Japanese penal system is extremely harsh compared to our own standards here in Ireland where a convicted killer can earn the privilege of a TV set in their own cell within a couple of months of been incarcerated and allowed out of the cell into the general population of the regime.

The killer of Nicola had a relatively easy time during his lockup at the Tokyo Detention Center , he could and would have been allowed a 30 minute visitor with toothpaste, soap, tobacco, books etc.

The killer having now been convicted as a juvenile in an adult court is now in Fuchu which is an adult prison and will be treated as such. Foreign prisoners are treated worse than their own Japanese prisoners. The killer of African decent is in for a very nasty welcome which he is now going through . The first month or possibly longer depending on his strength he will go through conditioning treatment. He will be first placed in an unheated cell and instructed to sit in a lotus position correctly and to maintain silence for up to 8 hours a day .If he moves or cringes he will be battered .The other 16 hours are in silence also but is expected to make delightful sound of the food offered to him. (Amnesty International) are still to this date trying to stop this form of conditioning . I will remain neutral on this form of punishment for murders , neither condemning or condoning.

The Killer will not have an easy stretch and will be nothing more than a whimpering dog after his first year. He will not learn to understand the language and will only understand commands shouted at him like a dog . He will wag his tail and yelp Hi to his prison masters. No TV or Chocolates for good prison dogs in Japan . Hard labour will begin as soon as the dog understands and is fully trained in Go ,Sit ,Stay.

By the end of this killers minimum 5 years of hell, he can apply for a release date . Here the Furlong family will have their say again.

I'm pleased to read all of the above. Thanks for sharing OP. All too good for him, and not long enough either. I hope the family are doing ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

just-joe wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Yes , these days a lot of information is available online and would answer the question directly "Where Do you get information".

I'm a little confused . Was your question meant to be "Where Did I get this information?

Maybe a new thread of inquiry would solve the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Thanks for the links.

Yup, "did" would have been the correct conjugation, I don't do myself justice for being an English teacher and correcting things like this all day...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Condolences to the Furlong family.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    The net.
    There is a lot to be found on Fuchu Prison.

A French Documentary.

That documentary is excellent.

I would prefer, personally, a regime where I can 'manage' the level of violence that reaches me, through conditioning my own behaviour, rather than western prisons, where the violence is utterly random and depends on the whims of the prisoner population you're living with.

Advertisement