Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much Kerosene do you use?

Options
  • 20-03-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much kerosene is the norm over a 2 month period?

I live in a 3 bed semi and I use 500 Liters every 2 months! Got a fill in November, January and now again in March. That's costing me about €450 each fill in that time period, is this excessive? I really don't feel like I overuse it and I got it serviced in December last year.

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

I got 500 litres at the end of Sept, still haven't used it all. Live in a bungalow, built in 2010, have a solid fuel stove which is also heats the rads. Use the oil for an hour in the morning and and hour in the evening just to heat the rads until the stove takes over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

Wow, that's good. I don't use my fire so the only source of heat I have is through the heating oil. This could be the issue as my house don't have a back burner either.

No luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I dont have a back boiler ,so only source is the oil, filled up 17/5/2012 €880, refilled again last thursday €920, (1000ltrs)
    so 9 months it lasted, with a 4 bed bugalow,which i dont think is too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

sok2005 wrote: »
    Wow, that's good. I don't use my fire so the only source of heat I have is through the heating oil. This could be the issue as my house don't have a back burner either.

No luck!

Is the house well insulated? Also look at the thermostat setting on your boiler, turning it down a couple of degrees may help. The best decision we made when building was to integrate the stove. We're luck in the sense that we have a good local renewable source of wood for it, but it may be worth your while checking out if it would be cost effective to install an boiler stove in your house.

Advertisement