Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biodiesel / Biofuel Thesis

Options
  • 20-03-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

I am beginning work on a thesis for my 4th year in college on the 'viablility of biofuels for the transport sector'. What I aim to prove is that biodiesel could be a viable fuel source for Ireland if the government supported it. I made an initial enquiry to a former cereal grower in Kilkenny who like others had been put out of business through the mass importation of the fuel from Rotterdam. He told me how he easily produced fuel from oil seed using a basic production process. He also told me how the government does not support small scale growth of feedstock and the oil companies more or less call the shots, which resulted in him and many other small scale growers being put out of business.

Why a government would discourage local industry is beyond me...but hey the same guys handed a blank check to the biggest gangsters in the world 3 years ago...anyways...

Cutting to the chase, has anyone read any interesting papers on the issue? If so I would love to read them. Also i'd love to hear information on the current amount of biodiesel that is imported in Ireland.

P.S. if anyone would like to mail me to discuss the issue I would love to talk.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

Advertisement