Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to book a sun holiday?

Options
  • 19-03-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am hoping to book a sun holiday for 2 people for 2 weeks in July/August this year. I am on a budget and am wondering where is the cheapest place to book? Not the actual country but the travel agents? Any suggestions of a cheap destination would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

You are travelling peak season...AFAIK the Canary Islands still have tax free status so probably one of the cheaper destinations once you are there, Mainland Spain & Portugal should also be good value

Best thing to do is price up the costs of booking your own flights, tranfers, travel insurance & accom, then compare to what a TA has to offer (either online or highstreet) online tends to be cheaper, the usual suspects would be Falcon/First Choice, Sunway etc

Factor in the other associated costs like airport parking, car hire etc

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Im going on hols to Lanzarote in Aug, and checked out lots of travel agents on line, found Broadway Travel to be by far the cheapest by up to E500... I just booked the hotel with them and booked flights myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

i would recommend skyscanner.ie and start looking up airports in spain for the prices of flights directly, see which airport is cheapest to get to and then look up accommodation separately. lisbon in portugal is cheaper to fly into than faro

otherwise, i'd hold off for a last minute deal with the travel agents (a week or so before you travel)

Advertisement